Wednesday, March 12, 2008

I'm IT!!

Thanks to my lovely sister-in-law I have been tagged to list 50 facts about me. This could be difficult because I will most likely repeat myself because I am an open book and pretty boring book at that. But hey, it's my birthday week so I might as well talk about me.

1. I played Barbie's far longer than I should have - until 6th or 7th grade.

2. I like to sing in the shower sometimes and think about what song I would pick to try out for American Idol.

3. When I was little I used to think that if someone didn't say "sweet dreams" before I went to bed that I would have nightmares. Even when I got married I made my husband say it to me.

4. My favorite number is 4. I like even numbers and used to be sad that my birthday wasn't on an even number.

5. My sisters told me that eating the brown part of a banana would heal any sickness - I believed them for a really long time.

6. When I was 14 or 15 my friends and I took one of her family cars out to drive when the parents were gone. When it was my turn to drive I almost crashed it. It scared me so bad that I didn't want to get my license for a long time (I was almost 17 when I did)

7. I can count on one hand the number of times I have called in sick to work.

8. My first job was working at Panda's, this sandwich and frozen yogurt place in high school. We referred to it as our own "The Max" (you know, Saved By the Bell) because so many people went there in high school. It was fun, minus the creepy boss.

9. I was baptized in swimming pool by my uncle. It was tradition for my family to be baptized in a pool, but since I lived in OR when I turned eight, we waited until July to do it.

10. I went to 6 different elementary schools.

11. I have always said I want to go sky diving someday - now I'm not so sure.

12. I never wear sunscreen - fortunately, my tinted moisturizer has sunscreen in it so at least my face is somewhat protected.

13. I eat ice cream almost every night.

14. When I was little I used to say I wanted to be a pediatrician - but I never told anyone that I got that idea from watching Empty Nest with my mom.

15. I am a procrastinator and lately have been really bad about it. If I don't do something right when I am thinking about it, it will probably never get done.

16. I hate having my feet too hot and in the summer I usually have to wash my feet before bed.

17. I burn myself all the time. Most of my scars on my body are from burns - from cooking to ironing to curling irons.

18. My worst birthday that I can remember was when I turned 8. My parents went out of town and my sister was watching me. I didn't do anything special then she made me a cake and made German Chocolate and I cried because I hate coconut!

19. I have alien fingers (really long boney fingers) and I used to say I would never date a guy with smaller hands than me. I kept to that promise.

20. I have the same (if not bigger) size shoe as my father-in-law. We gave him Reef Flip Flops one year for his birthday. A year later I went to the in-laws house and needed some flips and Brian found the ones we gave him in the closet with the tags on. I still wear those flips today.

21. I really want to go to Europe someday.

22. I have lived in AZ much of my life yet I have never visited the Grand Canyon.

23. I have brown eyes but always wished they were blue.

24. I have 9 half siblings that I have never met and don't even know their first name.

25. When we lived in DC I used to ride the Metro with my arms crossed and my legs planted far apart so I wouldn't have to touch anything.

26. I tasted alcohol one time only when I was in 8th grade at a friends house over spring break.

27. My favorite movie when I was in 2nd grade was the Sound of Music. I watched it every day.

28. I used to make up songs while looking out the window in the car and I loved it when I saw my niece doing the same thing.

29. When I am pregnant and I lay on my left side I get the most annoying feeling like I need to burp but can't. I hate it.

30. I hate word verification on blogger.

31. I love going out to eat even if it is just to Wendy's.

32. I am probably the last person in the world that does use text messaging on my phone.

33. I hate indoor pools. I think they are stinky and I think it is a waste to swim without the sun.

34. I can't dance to save my life and my husband often mocks me for it. Sorry we can't all be amazing dancers like Hollie and Beeta.

35. I always wished my name was Joanna (my sister's name) instead. I think it would be fun to be called Jo instead of Al.

36. I played basketball and softball in 7th grade. After often being cut to the crappiest "C" team on basketball and getting a bloody nose trying to catch a ball in softball I decided that maybe "ball" sports weren't for me.

37. I have a really flexible back and used to be able to hold onto my ankles by my ears.

38. I often reload the dishwasher or fix the dishes in there after my husband loads. But I don't like to unload.

39. I was afraid of the word "boyfriend" when I was dating and didn't even use it with my husband although we dated for at least a year and a half.

40. I got my bachelors degree in Psychology but never got a job in that field.

41. I grew before most of my friends and then stopped so even after they got taller than me they thought I was tall. I am only 5'4".

42. I got a physical in high school for the track team and they said my height was 5'3" - I was so mad about it that I changed it before I turned in the form. I think I made it say 5'6".

43. Both of my pregnancies were conceived in the shower (Brian wanted me to put that).

44. I once asked my mom how old she was and she said she was 44 - to me, that was her age for an additional 5 years after that.

45. I am sometimes too hooked on phonics and can't pronounce some some simple words the right way. I once read the word "copilot" like "cop-i-lot".

46. Before I die I want to go on the Sound of Music Tour and see the Pemberly that is one the A&E Pride & Prejudice (is there a Pride & Prejudice tour, if so, I am there).

47. I am apolitical. I don't love to talk about politics.

48. I love/need to sleep on my stomach and now that I have a big belly I sometimes wake up feeling sick because I had rolled onto my stomach.

49. I often say I am the youngest in my family but I have a younger sister that grew up with my dad while I lived with my mom.

50. I apologize all the time for everything. It drives Brian crazy. I'm sorry!

I can't believe I wrote 50 things about myself and I can't believe it if you actually read them all.

30 comments:

Melanie said...

I'm with you on 11, 15, 32, 38, and pretty close on 46-48. I love lists like this! All the little random things that make up who people are. So fun!

bulkleybunch said...

loved it! gross about the shower, poor emers and #2, i'll never get that visual out of my head, thanks bri bri. um you're a retard about thinking of your audition song, i'm so embarrassed. happy birthday old lady! love you. thanks for sharing!

Tara said...

Ali, this list just confirms how freakin cool you are! I just love you!

I'm not going to lie, I've thought about my audition song too. I'm pretty sure I would go with a Whitney song, but not one of her biggest hits because then they would tell me that no one could take on Whitney. Oops did I just type that?

kim said...

The Sound of Music tour is fun and if you are ever in Austria you should do it. But take me with.

I agree on the too much info on the shower--Not what I want in my head.

I have never texted and have no desire.

I am so amazed you cam eup with so many facts. My head started to hurt just thinking of you thinking of them.

Happy Birthday tomorrow!!!

Emily said...

Those were some good facts and I didn't know a lot of them! I laughed out loud when I read the one about Empty Nest. I SO used to watch that with my mom...oh my gosh, so funny.

I love you, happy birthday!

Alicia said...

I had almost forgotten that we are sometimes the same person! Seriously-- we have so much in common it makes me miss you so much!
Love you and your list!

Lizzy said...

That was a good list. You say you're an open book but I didn't know half those things! Like, you can bed your back backwards to touch your toes? Yikes! Just thinking about that makes me hurt.

John went on the sound of music tour when he missioned in Austria. The pictures from it are gorgeous.

{lizzythebotanist} said...

first off- HAppY HAppY BIrtHDaY!!

second-i HATE word verification too-have you noticed how friggin long they are getting these days? most of the time it takes me two tries to get it right.

{lizzythebotanist} said...

i think my mom told me her age at 44 and that stuck for me as well. so funny how you don't let your parents age in your mind.

i saw some of the sound of music stuff when we went to europe. i have pics of me kicking my heels in that tunnel of ivy or whatever (i should know what it is...i'm a botanist!)

when i got back from living in hawaii i saw a bottle of beer "pale ale" and was so stuck in the hawaii lingo that i said "what the heck is pah-lay ah-lay?" (i wasn't drinking it)

i hate hot feet too. but i hate cold feet even more.

that was fun to read. i say you do 50 more. i think i burned out on my 100 list last year at 75.

lisset said...

happy birthday AA!!
Gotta say- I loved the list. Too bad we already knew the thing about the shower. I wonder why BA is so proud of himself in that regard. I remember when he told us how awesome it was that he got you prego with gravity against him... Boys?!?!?!?!?!

Chante said...

Wait to go Ali! Happy Birthday BTW! Brian better be taking you out and getting you a nice prego massage! Wouldn't that be nice! I laughed at the banana thing, such an older sister thing to do...

Mandee said...

You are hilarious...

Brianne said...

I love it! You are such a funny girl, I really wish we could have gotten to know each other even better in person, but I feel like I know you from your blog. Thanks for sharing!

s.lloyd said...

Happy birthday Ali, hope your lazy husband makes it a great day for you!

Aimeeable said...

Happy Birthday! I seriously am amazed that you could come up with that much info with a pregnant brain (not that your brain is pregnant -you are).

C Crane said...

Happy Birthday! Sorry I missed lunch, so sad! Hope you have a good one! Great facts.

Alisha said...

Happy Birthday, Al!!! Fun list. I'm impressed you got all 50 out there. Time to get more pics of your belly! =)

The Scotts said...

You crack me up! Happy Birthday!! I wish I could come and get you and take you to Denney's. Oh the good ol days. I love pretty much all of your comments and am laughing so hard that you put the shower comment. TMI Brian! What a man. Jared asked me the other day what song I would sing if I auditioned and I couldn't stop laughing at him because it was so random. Like I have a clue because my voice is so awesome! Then I thought well obviously Celion Deon or Faith Hill so I could belt it out! What is your song?

Jenna{Mommy in Manhattan} said...

Oh wow! Love reading this! O.k. so I thought you were way taller than 5'4. Also...the shower? love it! You can eat ice cream every night and stay so skinny-minny...wish I was you! I'm with ya on the politics.

Gretchen said...

Allison, it's me again. I really enjoyed reading your list. I knew several of them even after all these years. I could totally picture most of them too, like playing Barbies (I did too of course) or practicing for American Idol. I still have visions of you singing along to Indigo Girls. Every time I hear them it takes me back to an intersection in Orem by Target. I have no idea why but that memory stuck.

Caryn said...

I still miss Panda's every time I drive by that corner...

Amen on the blogger word verification, I swear MOST people who have it don't even know what it is really for/or what is does...

Happy BDAY!

Ami Bethea said...

Aah Panda's, so yummy. Seriously word verification on blogger drives me insane. I don't know if people have it turned on because they don't know how to turn it off or because they think they need it for some reason. Cool list of 50, I don't think I could think of 50 interesting things about myself. Hope you have a great birthday week!!!

Jenn said...

You are so funny. I got a kick out of your 50 facts. Thanks for sharing and Happy Birthday!

Bringhursts said...

Happy Birthday, Alison! Hope you had or have an awesome one. I do have to say I'm never going to be able to look you or your husband in the eye after hearing about your children's conceptions . . .

The Farnsworth Family said...

So many good memories at Panda's!! I loved loved loved this. Made me giggle and miss ya all at the same time!

Rachie said...

I read all 50 of them and I loved it!

I hate word verification too!

Brooke said...

Great list!
Yummy panda sounds great right now! The good 'ol hangout!

I loved reading that minus the shower comment :)!

Ilene said...

Keep the sunscreen on the face. This was hard for me to learn but I am determined to look as young as possible for as long as possible. However, I'm all about my legs soaking up as much sun as possible. Of course the fact that my legs are so white that they reflect all sunlight doesn't help in my quest to tan them.

Really, you know where your children were conceived? I have no idea where or when my children were conceived. I guess we have so much sex that I can't pin it down to just one place or time (my husband wanted me to put that)...

Dave and Loralee said...

so, wait, half sister younger that you, or full sister younger than you? I'm very confused! And 5'4"??? I always thought you were 5'6"! Maybe it's b/c you're so skinny that you always seemed so much taller than me :) Loved this list! And I laughed out loud at the conception in the shower thing!

Dave and Loralee said...

oh ya-and HAPPY BIRTHDAY! All day I kept asking myself why the date sounded so familiar...