Anyway, I am feeling better, finally! So, Brian and I got to go out on a fun date Saturday night and since that is a rare occasion I have to document it. We took advantage of living in this great city and got the local discount to the Cirque Du Soleil show, Ka! I have never been to any Cirque show and I was so excited to be able to finally go.
The theater was amazing and the moving stages incredible. I loved it and would recommend it to anyone (but I have no reference as to the other Cirque shows available). There
was a story line, although we had some trouble following it. Like what was the deal with the sea creatures? Seriously, could have done without that.
And where did this guy come from? The firefly boy? He had nice sparkles and his butt was showing so that was cool.
Anyway, maybe I should have read up about it so I got the story a little better. It was fun and something different. Brian says he will never think paying $10 for a movie ticket is that expensive again.
Also, big thanks to our friends for watching Emery. And there is something extra nice when your friends watch your kid and then tell you how great your kid is when you go to pick them up. Glad she had fun playing with her pal Zeke.
13 comments:
I have always wanted to see one of those shows, and am glad you hear you liked yours! What a fun date night!
And I totally get the whole "was my child a sheer terror?" mentality... That's always my biggest concern if someone is watching Isabel. I'm ALSO glad Emery was a good girl!
ah, cirque. it's one of those things that you don't know what to think about. crazy, crazy talent-but it's so weird! and for the most part it seems like a lot of that weirdness is just for weirdness' sake. i can't remember the name of the one we saw...so nice to get a night out that didn't involve the usual dinner and a movie! jealous...
i'm so jealous!! cirque shows are my favorite thing EVER!! i love them. you need to go see all of them that you can. i'm so culturally elite. blah blah
Looks awesome! How do I get cheap tickets?
I'm so glad that you were able to go on a night out with your honey. I do love it when my kids have been with someone else and there's a good report. It makes it that much easier to leave them again....and again. :)
ps. who is Mandee Grant? a lot of friends that I went to high school with know her, and you do too...just wondering how you know her and who she is?
Glad you're feeling better and I'm glad I'm not the only one who didn't "get" the story of KA. I saw it last year and it was cool, but I asked myself "What the heck is that? " a lot during that show. I just thought I wasn't very creative or artsy to understand all that, but it is a cool production with all the special affects and stuff. I have seen "O" at Bellagio and it was really good too, but way different.
YAY! you are feeling better! And hat a way to celebrate!
Luuuuucky!
Ah, the perks of living in Vegas. I'm sure Boise will be right up there on entertainment options... actually I shouldn't knock Boise. I think it is better than Spokane.
I am glad that you guys got to go! I am jealous, I want to see a cirque show so bad!!!!
YAY for you! Sounds like after what you have recently been through you really needed a date night!
How did you get the cheap tickets? I'm always looking for a deal . . .
I'm so jealous, in all the time we lived in Vegas we never saw a Cirque show. Sometime I'm going to make Marc take me for a Vegas weekend and hit the shows and eat out like tourists do. I bet its fun to go there to pretend its a paradise and ignore the suburbs. Of course we'll visit you guys, though.
That sounds like fun! And I'm glad you finally got some medicine. The Z pack made me sick to my stomach as well. Mostly the first night I took it. I think it was the 2 pills that you have to take that make your stomach go crazy. But you deserved a fun night out, and it looks like that is what you got!
Post a Comment