Friday, March 07, 2008

First Carousel Ride & more


Emery took her first carousel ride the other day as we went to the Mall for storytime. Storytime was kind of funny since she sat there the entire time but instead of facing the lady reading the book she faced all the kids and just stared at all of them. Already a people watcher like her mom. She got on the horse for the carousel and thought it was cool for about a minute but then wanted off so we ended up being one of those bench people.

Anyway, on to other important things like TV last night. Can I just say that I love American Idol and couldn't be happier that Danny Noriega got kicked off! I am not saying his singing sucks, just that I can't stand watching him - even for a second. I am disappointed that Amanda, the rocker chick that can't sing, is still on. O-well. My favorites are Michael Johns, David Archuleta, Brooke White and I am thinking Ramielle. I just love when people you already want to like do well and justify you liking them. And seriously, Paula's hair could not be uglier. I hated that hat last night.

LOST last night was fantastic. I still kind of have a love/hate thing for Juliet but it was a good show. I can't believe Jack kissed her! I just don't know if I can let go of my dream of Jack and Kate even though I like Kate and Sawyer. Oh, this love triangle just gets crazier. Now lets add Juliet and Ben into the mix. Freaky!

My friend sent me this link about some person's crazy LOST theory about time travel. I read it and let me tell you this person has way too much time on their hands. But it was interesting and I couldn't stop thinking about it as I watched last night. Can I just say that we hate Ben and Charlotte so much! I can't even look at Charlotte. Anyway, I am really curious as to what is going to happen with Ben "helping" Locke. What were your thoughts from last nights show?

And if you haven't watched Eli Stone yet, you are missing out. We really like it so far. And I am so glad for DVR since it is on late and I can finish watching it today. All in all a good night for TV - but what am I going to do when all my other shows come back. I have almost gotten used to only having a few things to watch. I am going to be on system overload come April. I can't wait!

14 comments:

Laurel said...

Definitely hating Charlotte these days. What is up with this bashing everyone over the head with heavy objects? Hate, hate, double hate. And I totally agree with the Jack/Juliet confusion. I don't think he cares about her at all the way she does about him (or the way he does about Kate if we're getting into that). It kind of makes me feel bad for Juliet actually. Anyway, LOVED last night!!! So who is "Ben's man" on the ship???????

Emily said...

It was creeping me out at the end of Lost when Ben was all happy and friendly to Sawyer and Hurley. It seriously gave me the chills.
I think Ben's man on the ship is Michael.

I love Eli!

Beeta said...

my tivo shut off so i missed the end!! pissed!!! call me and fill me in. love ya.

Beeta said...

oops i just posted under beeta. i hope you realize my sister in zion would never say pissed.

The Farnsworth Family said...

My kids love the carousel! You look so great btw. Hope I look as good when I am as far along as you. Didn't watch Lost yet, it is on the DVR waiting to be unignored. I am loving this season though. After I watch it I will go check out that link!

Christi said...

That picture is so cute! I think it is awesome that Emery sat facing all the kids during story time.
I just started watching Lost, so of course I have no idea what is going on but I like to pretend that I do!

Lizzy said...

I am loving AI, too! I'm kind of glad rocker chick hasn't gotten kicked off yet. She does suck, but she's so entertaining. I just laugh and cringe and am embarrassed the whole time she sings. I'm kind of happy she'll be back next week so I can be embarrassed for her again. I'm so rude.

I love LOST, too. I really think Ben is the best bad guy ever! He's so creepy it's perfect. Locke on the other hand drives me crazy. I just want to hit my head on the wall every time he talks. I've never been able to stand him. But I am glad he let Ben go because now things can really get messy on the island! I love it!

Caryn said...

Yeah for Lost FINALLY tying things together! I still think the jury is out for me on Juliet too, we'll see...

Ami Bethea said...

I still hold out hope for Jack & Kate too. I am LOVING Lost these days. It is one of the few shows that are fun to watch right now. That picture of you and Emery on the carousel is so dang cute.

Bringhursts said...

I love that Emery just stood facing the crowd the whole time; I would have loved to see that. Also, you guys definitely had the right idea at church today. That last hour was pretty brutal.

Ilene said...

Cute picture. I am sick of Locke and Hurley. Now I know why Locke's dad was sick of him.

Is that mean? Oh well. I hate Ben too so that makes me less mean.

Alicia said...

First off-- very cute picture. You are smokin' hott!
Second-- I REALLY like Eli Stone. It's very clever and has a great storyline.
Third-- Lost. I know you hate me for this, but I am so sick of Kate and I actually kinda like Juliet.
I hate Ben. I hate Locke. I love Sayid and Desmond. And I think Michael is on the boat. I hate him most of all.
Lost is the greatest!

Birchall Family said...

You don't even look prego at all! I forgot for a min. until I saw the baby counter...how do you do that?! Love the carousel picture...my kids love the carousel. They always want to go on it at Disneyland, which is great, there is never a line! Emery is so dang cute! I love the dance picture!!

Gretchen said...

I can't tell you how excited I was to find this blog. I was literally screaming. I finally managed to call Adam over and he just said "Oh no way, that is awesome!" You know you are one of my all time favorites! I had so much fun with you in college and I was so sad that we lost touch. Your daughter is so sweet. I'm for sure adding you to my links list. Keep in touch-- Gretchen Mott Sheffield