Sunday, March 30, 2008

Weekend Visitors

Have I mentioned before how much I love visitors? It is a serious perk of living in Las Vegas. This weekend some of our friends from law school came down from UT to play with us. It is funny how we went from hanging out several times a week to moving away after graduation and not seeing each other for about 9 months, yet things seemed to pick up where they left off (thanks in large part to blogging).

You would think I would be a pro at having visitors by now, but seriously, I don't always know how to entertain people in this city especially when you have kids. If you visit Las Vegas what do you like to do? Help me out so that next time we have someone come in town I can have a better agenda.

Some of our highlights were:
  • Going to In-N-Out for lunch
  • Getting take-out at our favorite Thai place.
  • Heading down to the strip (we only go there when we have visitors, otherwise we avoid it like the plague) .
  • Checking out the Bellagio Conservatory (my favorite) and the fountains.
  • Doing a little shopping at Planet Hollywood (can you believe the only Gap that has Maternity in this city is on the strip, and yes I did find some new items so I was very happy!)
  • Liz playing her first and maybe last slots. Best dollar she ever wasted.
  • Eating the yummiest Gelato at the Bellagio.
  • Showing Liz the joys of H&M. Playing at Town Square and eating a yummy lunch at CPK.
  • A UofO Law School reunion BBQ with most of the 7 couples that moved to Vegas from Oregon. We feel lucky to have so many friends from school that moved down here with us.
  • Watching all our kids play together. It is just so fun to see most of these kids from infants on up and then become actual friends.
Thanks for coming to visit this weekend! Who wants to come and visit next?

16 comments:

Chelsea said...

How fun! I wanna come. P.S. I know Liz will read this at some point and I just wanted to say I totally love her new haircut! Is that Katie's little baby Liz is holding? She's adorable.

Lizzy said...

Chelsea, that is my baby I'm holding. Did I forget to mention I have a 2 month old? Just kidding! That is Katie's baby and she is ADORABLE! So stinkin cute.

And I had so much fun! Thanks so much for letting us come stay with you. I don't know what you're suppose to do when you visit Vegas, but I had a great time doing all the things that we did! My favorite part was the BBQ where I got to catch up with everyone.

Thanks again!!

Emily said...

Super duper fun times!

bulkleybunch said...

i'm jealous. good weather, h&m, the strip, ahhhhh. all i got here is snow!! yep there is snow on the ground, awesome. hurray for gap maternity! love ya.

aryn said...

I don't think I've seen a cuter pregnant girl in my life. Way to rock the pregnancy thing.

Christi said...

I am so sad that I missed it! It sounds like you guys had a great time! Liz's hair is super super cute!

Jenn said...

What a fun weekend. We missed you on Saturday book club, but are glad you had a good time with friends. You ate a lot of great food (I need to find out the Thai take out place-we LOVE that kind of food). I agree, it is so fun to have company!

Emily S. said...

My hubby Joe is from Vegas, so he always talks about lots of those things... including never going to the tourist-y places unless you have visitors! Funny!

Rachie said...

Sorry we missed you in Mexico. Las Vegas looks like a fun city to reside!

lisset said...

next time we are down we are so doing the thai thing. and like you need any ideas- sound like you guys had a pretty great weekend to me!

Ilene said...

Did you pull out the bunko tables?

Oh, you girls are so cute. Why doesn't Katie have a blog yet? Don't tell me she doesn't have time, I don't believe her. I need more pictures of that baby girl.

Aimeeable said...

Tygh will be in town Saturday for his Uncle's funeral. I'm not sure if the kids and I will go though. If we do, maybe we could go to lunch?

The Farnsworth Family said...

How fun! When my sister lived in Vegas she had company almost every week end. So fun! When we live in AZ we will have to come visit too. Your week end looks so fun and you look darling! I love your cream maternity shirt!

Rachie said...

Your dream about me totally made me laugh out loud. It is funny how our brains work.

I would totally have you and your family over to eat if you lived here!

melbo said...

You just named pretty much everything I'd do, except see the lions at the MGM. Did you do that?

p.s. Fatburger kicks In-N-Out's greasy trash.

Tara Lee said...

Oh Oh Me ME! I'm coming to town! Can we play?! I'm sad we missed the Liz. Too bad she didn't plan her trip around mine. Geeze, the nerve Liz! :)