Monday, April 07, 2008

Another great bowling game

Conference weekend is always a treat. You get to listen to some great words, hang out in your PJ's all day long and of course the Bowling Game.

In case you have known me less than 6 months (since last conference) or you just forgot because you don't keep track of all our family traditions - the bowling game was invented by my father-in-law as a way to entertain kids and get them excited for conference. We bowl for prizes (that he still gets us, even far away we get a package) that are hidden under buckets and bags. You have to bowl for the prize that is yours and if you miss it then you have to wait your turn to try again (Grandpa usually gives hints after the first round). There is even have a theme song for the Bowling Game. So, this video is mostly for Grandpa to see us enjoying the bowling game and keeping the tradition alive. Sad we had to miss the real bowling game with the rest of the fam, but we make do and it is always nice to not be forgotten even though we are far away. Thanks Grandpa!

9 comments:

lisset said...

what a fun tradition! lucky kids to have such an inventive grandpa!

{lizzythebotanist} said...

um...i hang in my pj's all day almost everyday, regardless of whether it's conference/bowling game. pathetic. you missed some great gifts for grandpa-we'll have to tell you about them!

Emily said...

That's awesome...she's a dang good bowler. I love how she wanted to go to the park, too funny!

bulkleybunch said...

we missed you! go emers!

Christi said...

I love your tradition. Emery is pretty good with the bowling.

Ilene said...

I can't believe all of that talking! I know she should be talking but I still think of her as baby Emery despite all of your blog posts.

Now, my question is how do we transplant the Boise house market to Las Vegas so we all can have the best of both worlds- great weather and affordable nice homes?

It is still SNOWING here!

Emily S. said...

cool! What a fun story/tradition!

The Farnsworth Family said...

Such a great idea! We may have to steal it. Emers is just too cute.

Chante said...

I still can't get over her cute little voice...I could hear it all day! I love the tradition and was so jealous when I would find out what prizes you would get in the past. Too fun!