Thursday, June 05, 2008

10 years ago...

Saturday Night.... We just got back from a quick trip to AZ to go to my 10 year high school reunion. The reunion was a total success. I was surprised at how many people showed (and how many people I didn't recognize or had completely forgotten about) and a little disappointed that some weren't there. Had so much fun reminiscing and catching up with friends I hadn't seen in years and not even able to really talk to half the people that I wanted to (I get too easily distracted in large crowds to hold much of a conversation).

Brian had a blast hanging out with all the other husbands...or he simply endured it and complaints were at a minimum (thank you so much, hun!) The highlights were:

  • The centerpieces that I was in charge of ended up looking all right (I was nervous about that)
  • Summer & Beth running up to sing the Toro Fight Song..."On Toros On" (I have that on video but will spare it from the blog at this time).
  • Brooke doing her famous slap and fly dance.
  • Running up to the front to form MVT to help Brooke win.
  • Brian making jokes from calling me a cute whale to laughing about a couple who said they graduated in '96 yet still came to the '98 reunion.
  • Sweating bullets because the room didn't have sufficient AC
  • Jami & Caryn trying to vote me as the least changed...is that supposed to be a compliment? I didn't win but I thought it was funny.
  • Happily not winning most pregnant. Glad there were a couple others there slightly more pregnant than me (even if they didn't look it).
I am so glad I went and that so many friends were there! See you guys at the next one (hopefully sooner for most of you), in 2 years right?

And a few more pics of mostly the same people, I really didn't venture out...

24 comments:

The Scotts said...

Rojo y azul! It was so much fun seeing you and Brian!! Thanks for talking me into going. It was a blast and your centerpieces were adorable!! Tell Brian that I'm sure Jared will go to a random reunion if you guys want to double with us.

PS You did NOT look like a whale.

Kara said...

Looks like you had fun. It gives me hope for mine in a few weeks. Even though my reunion will only be about 20 people and not nearly as fancy and well-planned as yours. I will have to talk to you more about what you guys did. We need some help with ours.

Ilene said...

Way to go and enjoy yourself. As a graduate of '96 from DBHS, I still probably would have had more fun at your reunion than mine so I can see why those other 96ers were there.

You look so cute!

bulkleybunch said...

enjoy your youth. i can remember way back when i had my ten year, oh the memories! p.s. you're one hot pregnant mama!

Caryn said...

The centerpieces really were cute, and I know they took a lot of time, so good job. And it was a compliment about not changing! You are still the same and I love that about you! Count us in on the random reunion too, that would be so funny- just make sure that one has AC!

Birchall Family said...

It was so much fun seeing you! You look so great! thanks for not posting the fight song you are my hero!

Christi said...

I am so glad that you had a good time. You looked great! Glad you are back!

Lizzy said...

You looks so pretty! Did you feel like you were in high school again being with all the old friends? I automatically start acting 16 again when I hang out with friends from HS. I'm glad you had so much fun.

lisset said...

looks like fun and good job on the center pieces! they look like they turned out great!

The Thompson's said...

It was a fun time! Good to see you! You are cute prego too! Email so I can invite you to my blog!
ja1thompson@yahoo.com

KatieZ said...

It wasn't everyone's goal to come to their 10 year reunion and win...most pregnant? That took perfect timing. The victory march to the front of the room with all eyes on one BIG belly was my favorite part. Sorry to steal your thunder. It was great to see you!
Email some time...katie@zaharis.com

Beth said...

i am so glad you came for the reunion! you really did look great being so prego! and your husband is hilarious. i am glad i got to know him a little better.

and thanks also for not including the video...really no one would have enjoyed seeing that.

Mandee said...

The great thing is... you still look like you're 18! You are so cute, Ali!

The Farnsworth Family said...

What fun! I am bummed I missed it, but I love the recap. Makes my cheeks hurt thinking about it. BTW I would secretly love to see the fight song and have a giggle :) You look fab my cute pregnant friend.

Emily said...

Sheesh! You all look so young and beautiful! It looks like you could still be in high school...minus the babies and pregnant girls, since you didn't go to Springfield High.

I can't even wait for my reunion. I'm sure BA did a great job. I'm sure Steve would rather commit suicide than come with me to mine.

Unknown said...

10 years! You're getting old Adi! LOL, JPs 10 year is this year too but I haven't heard anything about it? You really do look like you're 18. You look awesome!

Bringhursts said...

Wait, I'm still asking myself why someone would go to the wrong reunion. Weird.

Chelsea said...

I can't wait for my first high school reunion to see how people have changed or not changed. How fun! Plus, a big pat on the back to Brian for attending and not complaining. I doubt I can expect such a response from Derek.

Em said...

Ali you are the cutest one of the bunch for sure! (I can say that I'm your sister) Looks like tons of fun thanks for sharing!

Jenna{Mommy in Manhattan} said...

O.k. is that Sharalee Lovell!! I'm so bummed! I love her! She made me fall in love with Airoll, her next door neighbor in 9th grade! I wish you were here I'm laughing so hard right now! Oh the memories! I guess I have to wait for the 20th!

Jenna{Mommy in Manhattan} said...

Hey Alison...can you tell Shannon I need an invite to her blog!
denniscrandall@gmail.com

Gracious!

d feist said...

The centerpieces looked awesome! I didn't know you were in charge of those - great job. So fun to see you. Good luck in the next few weeks, mommy.

Nathan and Jordan said...

Looks like the reunion was fun! I wish that I could have made it...maybe the next 10 years ;)

Brooke Hunt (aka Mr. Burns) said...

So fun seeing you- and stealing your time for part of the day! You are a wonderful friend and I hope you know how much I love and adore you. Thanks for all you did to help that night be such a success!