Friday, June 20, 2008

Cleaning & Eating

The title pretty much sums up what we do all day (with a little swimming and napping on the side). I think nesting instincts are in as I am trying to organize and get things ready for #2. I have even been doing some sewing projects - pictures to come.

And of course I have my own little copy cat in all that I do.

Like mother, like daughter. If you want to make these delicious treats, here is the recipe I got from my friend (good summer time treat because you don't have to turn on your oven, right Christi?).

O' Henry Bars

1 cup of sugar
1 cup of light corn syrup
1 cup of peanut butter
3 cups Rice Crispies
1 cup of chocolate chips
1 cup of butterscotch chips

Grease 9x13 pan

Combine sugar and corn syrup over heat. Bring to a boil- until frothy. Add peanut butter, mix well. Add Rice Crispies. Spread evenly in pan.

Microwave chocolate and butterscotch chips together in bowl for 1 minute. Stir. Microwave for 30 seconds longer. Stir again. Spread over Rice Crispies in pan. Refrigerate for 20 minutes to set frosting.

13 comments:

Mandee said...

You guys are cute! Did you love the bars? I could eat them all day long!

Emily said...

Who doesn't love to eat and clean? You have the cutest little helper.

When did you get that little table? I love it!

Kara said...

MMMM! I am going to try those! Come over and eat my CAKE!!

lisset said...

you and emers look so domestic! nice job teaching her the ways of womanhood...

Tara said...

Sounds delightful! You look so great in that picture!

kim said...

I make those all the time except we call them Scotcheroos. I was hoping for a chocolate covered picture of you. Great pictures of Emery. She is as always a doll.

Lizzy said...

You look so cute! How fun to have a little helper. Ben loves to vacuum, too. In fact, sometimes when he's being really whiny, I'll pull the real vacuum out and let him play with that. I'm an awesome mom.

The Scotts said...

You look like you have a ball under your shirt. I can't believe you are almost finished!!

Ilene said...

Oh, we always called those bars Scotcheroos. Delicious indeed!

Brianne said...

You really look great! And your little helper is absolutely adorable! Can she come to my house next?
And thanks for the recipe, I'll have to give them a try.

Jenna{Mommy in Manhattan} said...

I love the 4th of July blog. I have to say this and you better take the compliment. You look AMAZING!!! I hid from all cameras by this point. I hope someday I can look like you! All the girls in your fam have such great legs! Love the treat you made too!

Rachel said...

Alison you are so darling!! (and so is your side kick!) I wish that I looked like that when I was 9 months preggo!

Caryn said...

Pretty sure I have a few photos of you with chocolate all over your face from soph year... I may have to email them to you! She is so dang cute!