Our sweet little Sage just missed the hospital so much that she begged us to take her back.
Last night she spiked a fever which isn't good for a 12 day old baby to do so we took her to the ER. After drawing some blood, attempting to get her pee and finally a spinal tap - the Dr. thinks she has viral meningitis. But we have to make sure it isn't bacterial or anything else so Sage (and I) gets to stay at the hospital for at least 3 days getting lots of antibioticss and fluids.
So, here I am eatin crappy hospital food and crying every time I talk to a new person. I am glad Sage is getting the care she needs and that she is doing well - just sad she has to be here at all. Just wanted to give out an update in case you were wondering and say THANK YOU to the friends and family that have called, helped with Emery and lent out your love, support and prayers.
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
26 comments:
Oh Alison! I'm so sorry. I wished I lived closer to help. We will be sure to include little Sage in our prayers tonight.
Oh no! How sad for little Sage. I hope she gets better quickly. Viral is way better than bacterial so hopefully that's what it is (if she had to have one or the other). Stay strong, we will pray for you.
Wish I was closer so I could so that I help. Thoughts and prayers are with you and yours!!
You know that we are here for whatever you need!!!!
I'm so sorry to hear about Sage. This little girl just can't catch a break. You'll be in our prayers! Stay positive (easier said than done, I'm sure).
Ooohh, no fun at all! Our babies are what? 4 days apart? I'm totally feeling for you! It's so sad to see people so tiny in ANY amount of pain. I hope she feels better soon. And don't feel bad about crying, we're early enough post-partum to have it as a good excuse. Pretend I'm sending you a virtual burger from Five Guys and just imagine it next time you have to eat hospital food.
I am so sorry! At least you are such a good mother to know that she was hot and had a fever and took her in. I will be praying for you guys!
So sad... I am so sorry. I hope she gets all better soon! Love you!
I am so sorry Alison. You are all is our prayers. We love ya...
Give Sage a big hug for all of us.
Poor baby Sage and poor Alison. We love you guys.
I'm sorry! Sean just told me this last night, I had no idea. Hope they get her feeling better soon. We are thinking of you guys.
Alison i am so sorry! I hope Sage feels better soon and you get to leave the hospital for good! You both will be in our prayers.
Ali I am so sorry! The same thing happened with Chase, but it was bacterial. It was scary, but we made it through. I will keep you in our prayers and hope for the best! Love ya girl!
If you need help with Emery she can come play at our house. I know you have lots of people to help but if you need another hand let me know! Hope Sage gets better soon.
you are definitely in our prayers! now get that girl fixed up you hospital people- sheesh!
Poor baby girl!
Order more milkshakes. That has gotta help with the coping.
Alison, I'm so sorry to hear that. I'm glad that you are able to be with her and I will definitely keep you in my prayers! I wish I lived close to be able to help.
Ali - Life is full of ups and downs. When the downs come you know ups are on the way. Stay positive. All will be well. Enjoy the journey. We send our prayers. Mom & Steve
I'm sorry, Love ya!
what a bummer-seriously. i'm so sorry you've been robbed of so much newborn holding time-i know how much you love that. i think you and debbi are newborn crazies! hope she gets feeling better super soon. we love you guys!
You are all in our prayers. Hope you'll be home very soon! We are thinking of you and wishing Sage a speedy recovery.
oh you poor mommy and poor baby! being in the hospital with a tiny baby STINKS and watching them do a spinal tap on their tiny back is the worst. I have to say, though, that I believe firmly that she can feel your love and concern for her and that it helps her recovery. I'll be thinking of you guys and wish I was there to help! I LOVE YOU!
Bummer deal. Just got out of the hospital and now you are back. We'll keep your new baby in our prayers. I'm sure she will get over this and be back home with you in no time.
The Lord is in control but with our faith and prayers and the use of His priesthood we can have some affect. Rom. 8:28 "And we know that all things work together for good to them that love God, to them who are the called according to his purpose."
My heart goes out GREATLY for you.
We will be praying for Sage's recovery.
Love, Uncle Bart
I hope you all get to come home today!! I'm definitely keeping that little princess in my prayers. Love ya!
love you so much. can't wait to meet the little one. take care of yourself.
Post a Comment