Tuesday, July 15, 2008

Tunes

Back in the day I loved to listen to music - all the time. I listened to music when I got ready, when I did homework, when I did my chores, when I just hung out. I even listened to the same Reality Bites soundtrack every morning in Jr. High that I knew exactly what I should be doing during each song (in the shower during "My Sharona", getting dressed to "Going, Going Gone", make-up to "Stay"....). My life always had a soundtrack.

These days my soundtrack mainly consists of this...



And I love it - but I do miss listening to some other tunes. Ones that aren't sung by or for a toddler. So, my husband (who is a lot more into music and generally stays on top of the latest tunes) made me the modern day mix tape (I miss mix tapes - but a playlist on the ipod made just for me is a good alternative) and brought it to me while I was hanging out at the hospital with Sage. And let me tell you, I am so excited to listen to music again.

So, who cares that I don't know where any of my CD's are - my hubbie loaded up my ipod and I am going to remember to take it with me where ever I go. And in case you are interested in some new tunes (or maybe they aren't new to you because you are way more hip than me) here is a couple of my favorites that he put on the "Playlist for Ali".



boomp3.com

*Kind of annoying to have 2 players on here but it was the only way I could get it to work - guess I am not that computer/blog savy!

14 comments:

Christi said...

This post is so my life too! I used to listen to music all the time. Emery must have taught Reagan, b/c she sings it almost the same exact way. I love Memers.

Kara said...

Cutest video ever! Nathan's not quite the singer yet- maybe it's cause I don't sing much to him. I always have to have music on too- but he just dances all the time. Emery is so sweet! It just melts my heart.

Lizzy said...

Those are some great songs, thanks for sharing. I'm glad you are able to find some time to listen to some grown up music. I'm a bad mom and just make Ben listen to my music all the time. I've never been able to give up my background music. And music videos, can't forget those!

Ilene said...

It's just nice to read a post NOT about your sweet little girl having to go back to the hospital!

My music i.q. is so, so bad. Is there a playlist called "good music for dummies?"

Emily said...

I love when Emery sings! Music just makes everything better. I wish I knew how to work my ipod.

Sammy Pow said...

Only six comments (including mine) in 24 hours? Oh how the mighty have fallen

Birchall Family said...

You remind me of the reality bites sound track...I remember laying out in your yard and listening to it, as we ate and bathed ourselves in oil. Oh, the good ol days. I am glad you got some good tunes, what a great hubby you have!

Rachel said...

I will always think of you when I hear "more than words"
Oh the memories!

Tara said...

Oh I can so relate! I just listen to Raleigh's ipod and have him transfer songs to mine. I don't know any of the latest stuff! It's kind of sad in a way.

I used to love mixed tapes too. Raleigh made me one when we first started dating and it was full of hilarious songs. It was fun because you never knew what was next and there was no skipping tracks if you didn't like the song!

Mary said...

There is no denying, I'm totally out of the music loop (but I was never in it). When we're old and wrinkled, I figure our favorite music will be that darling clip of sweet little Emery singing her heart out and giving herself a round of applause at the end!

Anonymous said...

What a sweet, thoughtful husband to take the time and expend the effort to create your new music playlist. I am so proud of Brian, and proud of how you've weathered the storm with baby Sage. When she gets old enough, maybe she'd like to go camping with grandpa and grandma in the sagebrush, just for fun. We could post it to youtube, and help out with blogging demands. Great to see her photos,
Brad

Anonymous said...

What a sweet, thoughtful husband to take the time and expend the effort to create your new music playlist. I am so proud of Brian, and proud of how you've weathered the storm with baby Sage. When she gets old enough, maybe she'd like to go camping with grandpa and grandma in the sagebrush, just for fun. We could post it to youtube, and help out with blogging demands. Great to see her photos,
Brad

Jill said...

What a cute husband, I wish my computer at home had speakers so I could listen to the music.

Kendee said...

It is so hard to be a mom and listen to music. Last year, I loaded ALL my music onto my computer and filled my iPod. I had a great time jammin for a while. Now, I am having a hard time finding time to listen to it. It seems I need to be constantly listening to or for my kids. Congrats.