Sunday, July 06, 2008

Holiday Weekend

It doesn't take much to make the 4th of July Holiday a good one. All I need is a little pool time, BBQ, fireworks & friends/family. This year was a success since we got all 4 (our friends were our family this year).

My mom left on Friday - it was so nice to have her here and helping out. I don't know what we would have done without her this past week! Then we went to a BBQ with some OR Law friends.
All dressed up in our red, white & blue

Kids playing in the kiddie pool.

Emery sort of liked the fireworks...

but got a little scared that the sparklers would get her...

and didn't love the loud ones so much either.

All in all we had a great holiday weekend. Hope you enjoyed the time off work, the festivities and just celebrating with family/friends this great nation we live in!

21 comments:

bulkleybunch said...

where's bri-bri's red white and blue? what a too cool dude! casey complied without much of a fight to my amazement!! :) cute pics. sage is adorable. i love the pic of emers scared of the sparkler and her cute little outfit. love you guys.

lisset said...

we still haven't bothered trying to introduce E to fireworks. i think it would go over as about as well as that picture of emers. fun times!

The Farnsworth Family said...

Ali look how much I have missed! Little Sage is absolutely beautiful! I am so excited for your new addition. You seem to be handling it with ease... BTW love the birth shot. Thanks to hubby for sharing that :) So glad all is well and you and baby are home. Keep the pics coming!

Christi said...

Glad that you guys had fun. I want to come see Sage soon!!!!

{lizzythebotanist} said...

brian is such a butt. green? and while we're on wardrobe: em's dress is super cute, and sage's onesie is clever. i want to hold her...

Emily said...

Steve was against the RWB too...what can you do?

I love Emery's face in that last picture, it's so cute!

Who's awesome car is that in the background?

Jami Baker said...

How do you do it?? You look GREAT!! So jealous! Sage is absolutely gorgeous. I am so excited for you guys. Glad she is doing better!

Beth said...

i have missed so much being on vacay! congrats, congrats, congrats on baby sage! she is precious! i am sorry you had to be at the hospital so long but am glad you are home and together! isn't it crazy having 2? you look beautiful in all your pics. i love the one of you looking at the baby right after she was born. so precious. very enjoyable post by BA!
love her name too btw.

Brooke Hunt (aka Mr. Burns) said...

You look amazing!!!!!!!!! I am so happy she's healthy and strong- and ADOREABLE! I am sososo excited for you to bee a mom of 2- you're the cutest! Congrats!

Lizzy said...

I love Emery's sad face in those pictures. She looks so cute. Same with the rest of you. That little Sage is so tiny!

kim said...

Love Emery's little facial expressions, those were perfect!!! Glad you had fun.

The Thompson's said...

Love the pics! You look so good BTW! Aren't girls the best!!??

KatieZ said...

Congrats on your sweet baby! I'm so glad that all is well now. How are you looking like life is normal already? You're amazing!

Alicia said...

I love these pics of Emery scared of the fireworks. Hilarious. She just keeps getting cuter and cuter al the time.
And your little Sage is so pretty!
And I kind of hate you a little bit for being so hott right after child birth.
And Brian is still just as funny as I remember him.

Chelsea said...

That last picture is classic. I love it! It should honestly be published in some cute kid calendar or something on the month of July. Awesome!

Birchall Family said...

I feel like I have missed so much in your life..I was away from the computer and just caught up on the last 4 posts. I am so happy that Sage ( beautiful name) is home and safe and healthy. I know how hard it is to have a baby in the NICU. I am sure your eyes have been opened to a whole new world. Let me say she is so beautiful and so perfect! I love the picture of her in her 4th of July shirt. BTW Brian is right, you are not allowed to look that beautiful after child birth, really, you are making the rest of us look SOOO bad! I just am so happy that she is safe and healthy, lung issues are pretty scary, I know, I have had my share with Ty and Mikey.
Looks like Emery loves her new sister and I am sure she is getting plenty of loves from you and Brian. Congrats! I am so happy for you guys!!!!!

Laurel said...

Ummm, I love that Brian is just happily smiling with a sparkler in one hand and an oblivious arm around his frightened daughter...! (We laugh at our daughter's expense a little too often, too...) The pictures are fabulous and I'm glad y'all had a fabulous 4th!

Emily said...

I love how your pregnancy ticker thing says you're due in 2 days. That's funny.

Mary said...

So are you seriously models for Martha or what? Really Alison, you put us all to shame with your gorgeous-ness and unending energy. So glad to hear that sweet little Sage is home and well! What a sweet relief. Emory is so dang cute and all girl.

Alisha said...

congrats! and I'm glad that Sage is home now. what a cutie. =)

Rachel said...

Alison!! I am so glad that you guys are home and that everything is going so well. It is quite the adjustment with 2, and I am sure it was hard to say goodbye to your mom. Sage is beautiful! Congrats!