True to form, my little 2 year old likes to copy everything I do. It is so funny to hear my words and phrases come out of her mouth. I need to document these things somewhere and since I don't have a regular journal, here they are.
- We swapped babysitting with some friends this weekend. Emery was hanging out at Reagan's house and after bath Reagan started to cry about something. Her mom was trying to get her to stop whining and Emery stepped in saying "Stop crying Reagan, that's ENOUGH! Now be happy!" I think I must say that a little too much.
- Anyone who knows me can attest that I say "sorry" far too often. Well, sure enough my little girl is constantly saying "Oh, sorry Mom" or "I'm so sorry." Brian is starting to get mad that I passed that one on to her.
- Yesterday I had a little breakdown about something stupid and started crying because I was so frustrated that I was breaking down about something so dumb. Emery came up and started saying "sorry mom" and then started patting my face and saying, "take a deep breath...feel better?" All the while she is looking at me so concerned and taking deep breaths with me.
- After saying "oh crap" in front of Emery and hearing her say it back we have tried to curb that habit. So we tell Emery to say "Oh Dear" instead (it just sounds so funny coming from her). Well, now if I mess up Emery is sure to say "Don't say that, don't say oh crap, say Oh Dear". In the car the other day Brian was frustrated at a friend that wouldn't answer his phone so he said out loud, "Come on John!" Emery yelled, "don't say that dad, say Oh Dear!"
- As is expected with the arrival of new baby in the house, Emery likes to play with her baby dolls all the more (she has named them all herself - Jessica, Claire, and Sara). She always says they are "so sleepy" or "oh, she's so sweet". She tries to burp them but hasn't lifted up her shirt yet to feed them. And she is especially concerned anytime Sage cries, telling me to pick her up, giving her her paci, or asking if she wants some milk, and then saying "she's such a good girl".
19 comments:
That is hilarious. I was laughing the whole time I was reading this post. I totally know what you mean.
Kylie is a mini me. When I get upset with her and send her to her room she will sometimes say , "Mom you are being ridiculous". She also combs her hair the same way. Kids are so funny!!
FYI- I also commented on your memory post from a while back.
love that little mimic.
Seriously almost fell over on the floor laughing when she told Reagan that was enough. I love Emers!
That girl is so sweet. What a darling!
oh, dear. better get the air conditioning going!
she cracks me up with her little voice and overpronunciation (i can't think of how to describe how she talks). so cute.
I love her! She is so freakin cute. That is hilarious that she copies everything. Better watch that nasty potty mouth of yours Alison! (I mean Brian). ha ha!
I'm sorry you had a break down about something dumb... just know you are entitled to those kinds of meltdowns once in a while!! :)
I bet most parents have found their kids repeating something they shouldn't have said-atleast I have! Sometimes it is so funny, but I really need to work on it. I think the "Oh Dear" is so cute. Cole says, "what the?" after everything-but I blame Shawn for that one.
How cute and speaking of cute Little Sage is turning out to be just a cute as her big sister. I love breakdowns- well not really I guess, but I definitely have them...often.
love it.
That is so cute! I love how good she talks, but she never talks around me! She's going to be such a sweet big sister! I really gotta watch what I say too. Nathan is starting to repeat EVERYTHING I say!
Didn't you always want a pet parrot?
Gotta love when your kid turns around and gets you in trouble with what you have said in front of them. If I hear Braden say, "but my Mommy says it" one more time...
The best mimic I remember was when I came to tell Braden goodnight and he was all into his game and he said "you scared the freak outta me." Am I a good mom or what?
I am just so glad to hear that the horrible friend who doesn't answer his phone is named John and not Sean. I almost always answer and BA knows this.
Don't let your girls watch your husband play video games. Jackson has learned words like "friggin" and "idiot" as well as other gems.
Dan and I have had a little talk about what can and can't happen in front of our little boys.
Oh, that just melts my heart. My favorite is her saying oh dear. She just loves you so much she wants to be just like you. I think it's so sweet!
Oh how cute! She is adorable. What, she doesn't want to name any of her dolls after her favorite aunt?
so funny and so true. reagan is constantly correcting me now and a few times telling me i might have to go to timeout if i say whatever it is again. i love little girls!
Love little Emers. We will sure miss you guys. Can't wait to come home next week and hang out with everyone again.
What a cutie! I love your birth announcement! So cute!! We say crap all of the time and need to stop but I am waiting for one of my kids to say it. Abby always nurses her babies. Love it!
i love the funny things kids say.
Post a Comment