Friday, July 18, 2008

Snaggle Tooth Sage

In case you didn't believe me...
and yes, it hurts.

22 comments:

Kara said...

Oh, great picture! Didn't the Dr say they would dissolve or something? They seem to be getting bigger or coming in more? How are you doing being home again? I haven't talked to you in awhile, but if you need a break, I'm here! Emery is the easiest girl to watch, I'll take her any day!

Ilene said...

I would take the tooth as a sign to bottle feed the baby.

Of course you milk-filled boobs may claim otherwise.

Ashley W's little guy, Deakin, was also born with a tooth. So obviously Sage is in good company.

lisset said...

yowza.
i definitely would have used that as a good excuse to keep my boobies to myself.
you are brave AA, very brave.

{lizzythebotanist} said...

wow. when you said she had a tooth, you meant it! that's a legit tooth-i thought it would be some weird tiny little thing. go sage!

good thing you've got a pump. if she gets a full set anytime soon you can pump & feed.

Birchall Family said...

Love the picture, and I am dying that she has a tooth...poor mommy! My sister in law is a nurse and she said that she has seen that a lot, crazy! How is she feeling? How are you feeling? I am sure you are just happy to be home!

melbo said...

That's amazing! I've never heard of a newborn with a tooth - it's very cool. And I haven't been checking blogs for about a month, and I'm so sorry I didn't know about Sage's hospital visits. That must have been so tough for you all. I'm really glad she's okay. And so cute! And I love the name, too.

Emily said...

I also think you are very brave for nursing...that has got to hurt!

I think it's so cool though.

Lizzy said...

That is so crazy. I would be switching to pumping. At least until she learns not to use that thing.

Tooth and all, she's really cute.

Christi said...

You are brave!!!! Reagan didn't have the teeth until almost 11 month, so I never had to deal with that. Good luck!

Brooke said...

OUCH!

Jenn said...

I still haven't seen your precious little Sage, but that is a great picture of her tooth. I always wondered what a newborn with teeth would look like-now I know. I hope everything is going well!

Jenn said...
This comment has been removed by the author.
Bringhursts said...

My boobs hurt just looking at that.

Mandee said...

Well, that's about the cutest thing I have ever seen! I love it!

We are all "SPECIAL" said...

That's crazy! I saw a newborn with a tooth only one other time like 7 years ago when I worked at North Scottsdale Pediatrics. It was crazy the dr made everybody come look! Better start brushing her tooth :)

And props to you for breast feeding!!

Brianna (Blair) Allen

Papa Bear said...

She was obviously ready to take a bite out of life when she was born. Too bad her first bite had to be of you! Congratulations on being a really tough mom.
Love, Uncle Bart

Chante said...

Yay, I'm glad you posted a pic of the tooth. I was curious where it was. Poor boobs........

Chelsea said...

She is cute tooth and all. But, I have to say that I absolutely love that picture of Emery sitting on her dad's stomach at the hospital. She is so photogenic.

Beth said...

craziness! maybe she will be a really good teether?

i loved your tunes post. brought me back to our roomies days. you ALWAYS had the best mixed tapes. just writing mixed tapes makes me feel REALLY old! there are so many random songs that remind me of you!

love you!

aryn said...

O.K. I had no idea you had your baby already and had been back and forth to the hospital. That must have been so stressful for you- I'm so glad everything is O.K.

I really can't believe Sage has a tooth already...are you breast feeding? She is absolutly beautiful! Congratulations!!!

Jaclyn said...

I've heard about newborns with teeth but I've never had a friend with one. OUCH!! Our Char-char is 4 months and it feels like she is beginning to teethe. I thought that was early but apparently not!

bulkleybunch said...

am i going to get any props for her nickname? :) it's a pretty darn cute tooth!