
Ok, so a couple friends posted this on their blog and I thought it looked like fun. Plus, it gives me (and you all) a break from me constantly talking about my offspring. And as Liz said, it is about reminiscing and there is nothing I like more than taking a trip down memory lane. So, here are the rules.
1. Add a comment on my blog, leave one (or 2 or 3...) memory that you and I had together. It doesn't matter if you knew me a little or a lot, anything you remember!
2. Next, re-post these instructions on your blog and see how many people leave a memory about you. If you leave a memory about me, I'll assume you're playing the game and I'll come to your blog and leave one about you.
16 comments:
Wow!!! I am the first. Remember how your car used to talk? Remember how you and I would wear overalls and do a funny jig? Remember when I tried putting your pants on as mine? Remember when we would go up the alpine loop and hike? Remember when I came to see you in Dallas? Remember when you got married and I wore a purple dress that I couldn't pull over my hips all the way? Remember how you went on my first date with Steve? Remember how you came to visit me in Chicago? Remember how we flew over the ocean in Mexico? I love you.
I don't quite have the memories that your friend kendee has, but I love you just the same! I just remember you from bunko...how cute and fun and always fashionable you were...and still are!! And I remember you being one of the few that brought my family dinner after Cali was born...always appreciated. ;)
remember when we were at the mall and i was trying to help you get your anger out and you just couldn't do it??!! remember when i freaked out at family night why you and bribri were dating and you saw my dark side? remember when you would help me out all the time and watch my monsters? remember thanksgiving in san diego and the direction fiasco? remember how much i miss you guys?!! :)
I loved all our Friday night dinners. Remember we ate at RR pretty much every Friday? I miss that. I could really go for their chicken salad.
And I remember you taught me to go garage saleing. You would bargain for me and told me what were deals and what were not. I learned a lot of very important life lessons from you.
First of all you are the coolest chick ever! I still remember when I first met you at the opening law BBQ and you were announcing that you were pregnant and I just remember thinking how cute you were and how you looked so put together. I thought I would like to be as cute as that when I am pregnant (we all know that didn't happen based on the picture we took at the girl's night... ha ha!)
Oh the memories! So many to choose from :) I love them all here are just a few:
How we spent pretty much every Friday night together during law school.
Going camping at Twin Lakes (seeing Brian's legs for the first time)
The first time you guys got Rusty an brought him over to over tiny Westmoreland apt.
Telling me I am going into labor :)
I love you. You are the best friend a girl could ask for!!!!!!!!!
Remember when we went to the Ghetto's Mall and you locked your keys in your car, in the garage and were locked out of your house? Remember all the Bunko nights when I get a little carried away and you (my faithful D.D.) drive me home safely? I'll always remember you as the one who introduced me to my favorite new game- Bunko and I'll add that you are Queen of the Bunko Bible.
Remember the first day we met at Stapley Jr. in Math class and the first thing I said was my cheeks weren't normally that fat I just had my wisdom teeth out? Remember when we dressed up in old dance costumes and took pictures of ourselves with Shelley Smith and Becky Pearson (I still have those and have often thought of posting btw)? Remember our million sleep overs we had dressing up, staying up late, and chatting? Remember you being such a good friend while you put up with all of my high school drama... love ya forever for that :)
O.K. here's a memory. Remember when we lived in D.C. and Marc had to get a bathmat for his dorm room and he took us to IKEA? And the boys wouldn't let us buy anything and we wandered around the whole store and we couldn't get out and the hubses started getting cranky and making threats at Marc? Oh, and remember when we went to NYC and stayed in Jersey City and we all had to sleep in that one bedroom and remember how that one time when we were going into NY we got stuck on the subway because some nutjob was running around the tracks and you hit your head on the pole in the subway car? The D.C. times were some fun times.
One of my very favorites was when you and Brian were either dating or engaged and he had his full-on mullett. I remember you refused to kiss him until he cut the bugger off!
That was hot.
OK what a FUN game. Here is my memory. I just opened the 10th bill for my latest in shoulder surgeries! I remember fondly watching you wake board as I lay in agony inside BA's boat. One of my fondest memories.
Sage's tooth is dang cute and indicates she is more mature mentally, physically, emotionally and spiritually. This will make other mommy bloggers insecure and a bit jealous, but we must face facts. Lovingly sent from my iPhone, grandpa
remember in high school when you didn't have your license and we all picked you up all the time? remember when we would always dress up and take pictures of ourselves? remember all the sleepovers and "drive bys." remember all the creepy guys from raintree? and going door to door acting like we were doing a school project just to meet hot guys?remember our wild roommates and then our RM holy one? remember grilled cheese and tomato soup and shopping at that one cheap grocery store? remember being on the balcony at our apartment and spying on that couple making out? remember good ole magleby's and how excited we were to become servers? remember when i was an idiot and totaled your car and you still loved me and we shared creampuff for awhile until i could pay you back? geez-i could go on and on...once you start it's hard to stop! great memories! that was fun!
I remember working with you at Tucano's and you saying that customers always commented on how you looked like Britney Spears. Well I thought it then, and I think it WAY more now, but you are SOOOOO MUCH cuter than her, and you for sure don't have a football player neck like her! I also remember hanging out with you and Brian in DC when you did Washington Seminar while Mike's dad (and Marc's of course) was the professor. It was the first time I got to know you more than our random hostess/server relationship from before.
can you tell the babies are napping? i'm trying to get caught up on commenting...
so how bout this one: you and i make thanksgiving dinner in hawaii (trying to help out and let those who don't want to help keep surfing, etc.) and we get in trouble for it. when we go around the room to do our candy corns we both cry.
i'm struggling here for good stories...i think we need to see a little more of you guys. all my memories involve family drama at the holidays!
I know that this is late and I dont even know if you will check this. But a fun memory that I have of the two of us is playgroup. You my friends never miss a playgroup. It is just not the same with out you there.
I also loved when we found out that your sister and my sister-in-law were friends. It just made me think, yeah another reason why I like this girls so much.
Post a Comment