Friday, October 10, 2008

Kath + Kim =


Not that funny.

I tried not to get my hopes up. I had a feeling from the commercials that they probably showed all the "funny" parts and that it wouldn't be that great. Yet, it is comedy night done right, everyone around me seemed excited, it has Molly Shannon(I love Superstar) and John Michael Higgings (loved him in A Mighty Wind) - so it might not be that bad.

Well, it certainly wasn't that funny. It's no Scrubs (where did they go, I know they were dying but I didn't know last season was the last). It doesn't hold a candle to the other shows it shares the primetime spot. Very disappointing. But as my husband pointed out...I will give it another chance because that is the TVaholic that I am.

11 comments:

{lizzythebotanist} said...

i agree. it was like uncomfortable bad acting. not funny bad acting. and not funny anyway. maybe when she got busted for eating at another food court shop, but that was even pushing it.

but what else will we watch?

Christi said...

I agree we had tivoed it and just fast forwarded strait to the office.

Lizzy said...

You really are good about giving shows another chance to change your mind. Most people aren't as forgiving. I missed last night's episode so I'll be watching next week's with ya. Well, with you in spirit, not in person. I wish in person!

The Scotts said...

I too agree. It had funny parts. It has potential maybe. It should be funny, we are with you on giving it another shot.

Emily said...

Dang I wanted to like it. I haven't had a chance to watch it yet, but it's recorded. It seems just white trashy enough to be right up my alley. Sad.

Beeta said...

Dang! We just finished watching it and we thought it was pretty funny. What's wrong with us? I always knew JP was too easily entertained, but I didn't know I could be categorized with him! Maybe we liked it because we don't have any channels, so we just watch whatever nbc.com will give us.

Jill said...

I thought it was kind of funny! There are definately other shows that I would prefer, but I didn't think it was that horrible.

Caryn said...

I know, I couldn't even watch past the first commercial. I miss SCRUBS too!

Birchall Family said...

I talked myself out of watching this one, now i know I didn't miss much. You will have to tell me if it gets good enough to watch. I already have a load of shoes to catch up on during nap time on my DVR. I am almost done with Grey's, I am going to give it a couple more episodes. I have to admitt I watch lipstick jungle...It is so bad, but I love the girls in it..that will be the one I have to give up soon too! Michael HATES it!

Rachel said...

I wish that I could see you do your AMAZING Molly Shannon reinactments! You always made me laugh so hard.......I miss that!

Laurel said...

For some reason I can't leave a comment above, but I, too, am SOOOO excited for Shopaholic! I think I might need to re-read it, though. It's been a few years now... Love the trailer!

And love Emery. Every new thing she says gets me excited for Isabel to talk it up. She is adorable!