Friday
We got there around 6:30 - just in time for a Flying Saucer at Tia Rosa's and then on to my old alma mater for some Friday night lights (high school football). My niece is on Pom and my 4 year old niece attended a cheer camp and got to cheer during the first half. Go Toros!! It was fun to be there and see how young high school kids are now. I swear I didn't look like I was 5 when I was in high school. It was also nice to see that Ava is totally related to Emery as she cried through most of the first half and had to be held by one of the cheerleaders. So funny!
My SIL & I went along with my mom (the professional garage saler) to some garage sales.
Then I went to brunch with some good friends and got to meet the sweetest, tiniest 5 week old baby, Addi. Then headed off to another football game - my nephew's pop warner team. Can you believe it was 90 degrees at the end of October? I love AZ! We went swimming after that and Emery was in heaven with her cousins.

Brian & my bro went to the ASU v. UofO game. Brian had fun getting a bunch of ASU fans to hate his guts as he heckled them all and showed his Duck pride. Even a deaf girl started teasing him and pantomimed hunting ducks and eating them for dinner. There was nothing he could say to that. While they did that, I went to dinner with my mom, SIL, and oldest sister. It was just so fun to hang out and let the kids play.
Sunday
Emery wasn't too pleased with mom and dad kissing for the camera. In fact she manages to do this everytime we try to kiss or hug.
It was such a fun weekend (minus the drive home that Brian almost lost his mind over - seriously an hour to go 5 miles, twice). Lots of fun but nothing stressful or too demanding. Emery loved playing with her cousins and everyone gooed over Sage and her chubby cheeks.
14 comments:
looks like fun in the sun!! i didn't even know you were going. i love my birthday presents, and libs has her undies and top on right now, sooo cute. thank you so much. sure love you guys.
Love the toy trunk, love your dress, love Emers breaking up the kissing picture. Looks like a winner of a trip!
Dang, when did you sleep?! Sounds like a blast!
Eewwww kissing.
Love the Emery doesn't like you to kiss or hug. Abby is the same way. You fit in a lot in a little time! Go Als! Sorry that I didn't make it to lunch on Saturday, Jared took too long and it was just cutting everything too close. For sure during Thanksgiving. We are going out of town Wed and will be back Friday sometime. So maybe Saturday?
I think we both know I'm jealous. Brian even called Sean to gloat. Looks like you guys had tons of fun! Gotta love that 90 degree weather at the end of Oct!
I can't believe that you guys went swimming! I want to see that toy chest too. Sounds like a good time.
Short, Sweet, and packed with fun, friends and family....sounds GREAT! Glad you had a good time and thanks for sharing all your pics.
What a great Trip! I recognized that cheerleader! Fun to see Lisa too! Are you going to be down for the Holidays?
It was so fun to see you. Wish you could drive down monthly so we could make our fancy brunches a tradition! Thanks for not ordering an egg white omelet- yeah carbs (JK Steph & Beth)
Ali it was so fun to see you! I loved catching up and meeting little Sage (and yes I love her chubbers). Glad you had such a great trip down. Let's make it a tradish to get together when you come and do something fancy like brunch. Love ya girl!
Hey Alison one ? for you. We were thinking about doing a girls trip and stay in downtown Chicago around April. Would you be interested in coming?
Alison, sounds like you had a great time on your trip! I had to laugh at Emery, because Alex and Jacob are the same way when Brian and I kiss, too. So, of course we do it more just for their benefit! Cute family.
so fun to see you! i could have sat and chatted all day. and so glad i got to meet sage-she was SO GOOD at brunch!
Well what a blast in AZ I wish I could have been there but I am planning on so major good times when we all get together at Thanksgiving! LYMI
Post a Comment