Tuesday, June 30, 2009

Birthday Fun

Since Sage's still in a crib, we decided not to do breakfast in bed quite yet. Instead we all came into her room and sang Happy Birthday. She got so excited she started jumping up and down while holding onto rail and then WHACK! Hit her chin. Already off to the best 1st birthday ever.

It was a day of just the girls (Dad was off golfing, but don't fret it is totally ok to ditch your kid's birthday when it's a work golf tournament). We had bananas and pancakes for breakfast and even broke out the famous 1st birthday hat that aunt Liz made back when Emery hit this milestone.

Emery wanted to try on the hat again (and hey, you get to see her awesome patch too!)

Then we went swimming.

That night the girls got to have a late night with their best friends, Reagan and Alice (Thanks for babysitting Christi while we had Brian's firm BBQ).

The festivities continued on Sunday when we had friends over for cake and ice cream. I was feeling crafty and made her cake and little outfit. I found out that I am not a fabulous cake decorator and I think I will still buy some clothes (sorry BA) but it was fun and turned out pretty cute.Sage wasn't too afraid of the cake.
She just kept at that monster piece
Until she decided she'd had enough.
Overall, I think it was a pretty fun 1st birthday! The fun continued today as we went to the Dr. for her 1 year check up and shots. Ok, so it wasn't so fun, especially when we found out she had double ear infections and the start of bronchiolitis again. Seriously, no fever and she is still such a happy little girl...

Here are Sage's 1 year stats:

Height: 28.5 inches - 25%
Weight: 18.6 lbs - 10%
Head: 45cm - 50%

I knew her head was getting bigger! We love you little Sickly, Snaggle-Tooth Sage!

10 comments:

bulkleybunch said...

pretty impressive craftiness from both you and liz. wow, i'm incompetent. i think that cake was darn good! the collage of snaggle swimming is soo cute. she's beautiful. and poor little one, it sucks that she's always sick. and nice 18 pounds, are you kidding me?! my kids weigh that at 5 months. love you.

{lizzythebotanist} said...

i forgot about that hat! i should have made one for my own kids-slacker mom. looks like it was a fun birthday! she even got presents?! we veto'd that, and probably shouldn't have because havey has no toys of her own and nash has decided to hog his. anywho-happy birthday sagers-hope you liked your little dress!

Lizzy said...

I love that you just whipped her up an outfit. That is too funny. Both are very cute!

Ben was 18lbs at a year too. But I think his head was closer to the 95%. (He's a bit of a bobble-head boy.)

Christi said...

Love the outfit and the cake. Sorry she has double ear infections and stuff. You wouldn't have even know!!!
I can't believe that she is only a little heavier than Alice!!! I love the head!

Emily said...

Double ear infection...poor girl!
Whatever - your cake and outfit were both adorable! Sage was spoiled, looks like such a fun birthday!

Kara said...

I knew you made the outfit, but I guess I could have read that better in your post- I'm a dork!! Anyways, sorry about the ear infections. At least you found out here and now, before the vaca starts so you can get her on the meds and it won't get worse while you're in UT!! Have fun- see you in August!

Nicole said...

Oh my goodness, I can't believe she's already a year!!! I've got 2 more months! Happy Birthday Sage. Btw I love her nicknames, especially snaggle tooth! Kelsey was 18.6 at 9 months, crazy!
Hope you guys are doing good.

Jill said...

You did such a good job on the cake and outfit! How fun. Happy Birthday Sage!

Ilene said...

I can't believe she is one. The birthdays come faster as you have more children. I refuse to believe Laura is ten months old.

rochelle said...

What cute pics! I can't believe she's one already. Of COURSE it's okay to go golfing if it's for work! WHat a funny excuse. :)