Tuesday, January 03, 2006

Back from the Holidays

Well, its the most depressing time of the year now. After all the happy holiday decorations, music, and festivities- it's so hard to go back to your real life again. We got back from vacation and with all our luggage and crap we brought home with us, I also had to look at all the holiday decorations and lights that need to be put away. So, here I am back at work and hating it, and back at home with a dog that barks so much the trailor park neighbor threatens to "get it out of here" (by what means I'd like to know) and back to cooking my own meals.

At least I have fond memories of a great Christmas break with family and friends that I love. So, to cheer myself up I would like to share highlights of my holidays....
  • Being overwhelmed by the constant giving. The first day I got there I met up with a couple of my sisters. My sister Amy had some cute earings on and I teasingly said, "Those are cute earings, can I have them?" and what do you know she takes them off and gives them to me. I argued and argued with her, but to no avail. This continued with other things that I commented on how cute they were. I finally told her that I would never compliment her again. Needless to say, our families were very generous this year to the point that I feel guilty. Way to support the poor starving students.
  • Spending time with the family on Christmas Eve. This included both sides of the family, meaing two programs with the Nativity being reinacted. There is something prescious about a 2 five years olds playing Joseph and Mary and a 3 year old angel. I also enjoyed the family talent show, including all the neices and nephews and my husband (being the good sport that he is) & I singing "That Holiday Feeling" (see blog below for words to this beloved Christmas Carol).
  • Getting lots of stuff for our baby at a baby shower. We never thought we would fill the whole loot in our car. Now we know our baby will be clothed and warm (we have a new blanket for everyday of this baby's first year), but we are not quite sure how to take it home from the hospital (no one seems to want to get practical things like a carseat).
  • Eating at Cafe Rio, twice! I wonder sometimes how I live without it. But it tastes all the better when I am deprived for months at a time.
  • Being there to welcome a new neice, Indie, to the world! This was the coolest experience, as an expectant mom, it put this whole pregnant ordeal into persepective. I am so excited to have a new little tiny. But I am still freaked about the whole giving birth part. OW!
  • Being with all my family and getting to see a lot of my friends.

I hope you all had a wonderful holiday season as well. Until next year....

3 comments:

Tara said...

Oh how I miss Utah. And that delicious Cafe Rio. I could freakin live in that sweet pork. Ok that might be kind of gross but you get what I mean.

Alifinale said...

Did you say live "in" it or "on" it? It would get a little gross if you lived in a tub of the deliscious meat. But I do get what you mean, because I could live in the creamy tomatillo dressing.

Tara said...

"In" it, "On" it it's all the same, to eat it all the time is the only way to stay sane. Let the burrito, let the burrito come back to me. (Imagine this to that sublime song "lovin is what I got"... It's rather clever).