Wednesday, January 11, 2006

Taking down the Christmas Lights

So, this weekend I finally got around to taking down my Christmas. It is always depressing to take down all the Christmas cheer and face the fact that you have to wait a whole year for the blessed season to come again.

Side note: I was talking to my mom and confessed that I still hadn’t taken down my Christmas décor and my mom said that she still had hers up as well. You see, I was genetically predisposed to postponing this sad ritual. The only difference is my mom said that she would take the next week to complete the task (you know to clean every nook and cranny as you swap Christmas décor for regular crap, also my mom has A LOT of crap) and I chose to only take a couple hours.

Back to my story, so I had mentioned to my husband (who, mind you, hadn’t started school yet so he wasn’t too busy) several times that I wanted him to take down the Christmas lights. In my present condition I figured it would not be a good idea if I got on the roof and did it myself. He kept telling me, I’ll do it later. Then I got a definite, I’ll do it Saturday so you can be there to help. Well, Saturday rolls around and I am hard at work taking down all the indoor decorations. My hubbie comes home from a short stint at the library and sits down to watch football. I let him relax for a while then kindly ask him if he would help take down the Christmas lights. He said, No, it’s too cold – let’s do it later. I ask, are you serious? And he said, well some people don’t even take down their lights until June. I say, I am not those people. He says, let’s wait until February. As you may have guessed, I am furious by this time and proceed to throw a fit saying he promised and yadayadayada.

Needless to say, lights came down and it took about 15 minutes. Did it have to be that difficult?

9 comments:

Tara said...

That's right Ali. Way to take the power back. These men need to learn who's boss!

Kris said...

I have the same debate with my hubs about putting his clean clothes away. And he doesn't even have to get on the roof to do that.

Alifinale said...

I hear ya. Husbands, can't live with them, can't live without them.

Sammy Pow said...

Wives, can't murder them, unless you're a celebrity.

Kris said...

And even if you are a celebrity, you can't get away with murder if you look too much like Dean Cain.

Marc said...

You're just sad because it'll be another year before you can listen to Christmas music again.

Alifinale said...

Of coarse I am. I described how depressed I was about the whole ordeal. Don't act like you caught me redhanded, Marc. And BA, you can't say you want to murder me, I am carrying your freaking alien baby. Gosh!

Sammy Pow said...

Didn't stop Mark Hacking! jk. I love you! .

Tara said...

Geez you two... get a room! Oh wait I guess you already did. ha ha ha