Thursday, January 26, 2006

Boring is as Boring does

I have decided that I have become the most boring person in the world. This is really a shame, because I swear I used to be fun. As I sit here and try to think of what I can blog about (because that is my only source of entertainment during my boring day) I can only think of really boring things, such as:

How much I dread going to work. Not that it is that bad, but just because it is boring. I work with some pretty boring individuals. They, of coarse, think they are interesting, but I have tried these past few months to get it and I don’t. I think they are starting to figure that out because I think I am becoming the outcast.
How crappy sleeping is. It has turned into hard work and it sucks. It takes forever to get somewhat comfortable, then I have to pee. My husband wants to shoot me because I pull on the covers right at the moment he is falling asleep. And I have to completely wake up and lug my whole body around like a hippo to turn over on the other side. Then I have to pee again.
More crap about tv because that is my only source of entertainment during the evening. I could talk about American Idol and how unbelievably horrible some people are and how scripted Paula and Randy’s “fight” with Simon was. Or I could talk about Lost and how I was disappointed that the entire episode was about Charlie. I am kind of sick of the Hobbit. And how Anna Lucia sucks. But all I ever do is talk about tv and I am afraid the few fans I have are getting sick of it and may drop me fast.
The fact that all I think about these days is, LABOR. Ok, so I try not to talk TOO much about pregnancy, but quite frankly when you have this monstrous belly protruding out right in front of you and preventing you from doing anything normal (like tie your shoes or go to the bathroom), you find that it is hard to keep your mind focused on anything other than the impending future that this alien inside you is going to want to come out. Add that to serious cramping and feelings of false labor and you understand that this pregnancy business is no joke. I have always thought that I wouldn’t be one of those pregnant women that goes into the hospital like a zillion times “thinking” she is in labor and they just send her home. I thought, that is just annoying for the hospital and for the woman – to have to go home literally empty handed. Now I understand how that can happen.

So, for all you friends out there, I am sorry that I have become so boring. I just can’t think of anything interesting or funny or witty or controversial or even informational to blog about. I am afraid that I am doomed to be boring until something dramatically different happens in my life. And then all I will talk about is poopy diapers and how I miss going to work to talk with adults. It’s a vicious cycle, but that’s what life's about right.

11 comments:

Tara said...

Ali I have the same freakin problem! I started blogging because I thought I might have some really interesting things to blog about... turns out I AM stupid and boring! But don't worry I'll keep reading your blog, and I don't think it is boring... I quite enjoy it!

Lizzy said...

I feel the same way. Not about you, but about me. I don't do anything anymore. I didn't really do anything before, but I always had family and nearby friends to do nothing with. Now, I just sit alone all night with nothing but the comfort of my remote.

On the positive side, you have something great to look forward to. I've got more of the same coming my way.

I think I'm going to be depressed...

Kris said...

Um, I never have any trouble of thinking about things to blog about. My only worry is that a) the content might be a little too riskque and b) people might finally discover how neurotic I am. And trust me, that well is deep.
But I love you, I love your blog, and I never find any of it boring. That's why blogs are fun, because there are basic human things that we all go through (RT, bathroom chats, obsessions with TV characters) and it's reasurring to find out that you're not alone.
So thank you for making me feel less lonely.

Alifinale said...

Ah, you guys are the best. It is good to know I am not the only boring person in the world. But I will try to improve upon myself and think of something somewhat interesting. No promises though.

And dreamer, you are just too clever for me and that is why I love you.

My problem is I read all your blogs and find them so funny, then it sparks something I could write about - but then I am afraid it would look too copycatish. So, sorry if I kind of copy you sometime.

Sammy Pow said...

Man, you chicks are losers. J/K babes!

Sammy Pow said...
This comment has been removed by a blog administrator.
Kris said...

Ali, copy away friend. All great ideas come from somewhere. Except if they're coming from BA. J/K, babe.

Sammy Pow said...

That picture of the fetus scares me, change it.

syd said...

i guess everyone is reaping the rewards of secondary education... i should go back. I want to have adult conversations!!! Like adult tv channels, but in conversation form, awesome!

ps. i ate baby fetus once.

Marc said...

Wow... that baby fetus picture of yours is scary... and it doesn't look appetizing either Garg.

Lizzy said...

Izzy has a daughter? WHAT??? You've got to blog about this.

...I have to go back now, commercials over...