
As cute as baby clothes are - nothing compares to bare baby bums and cute chubby thighs. I love Emery just playing around in a diaper or just a onsie. I can't wait for it to get warmer so she can hang out with less clothes on (when she gets older I can teach her about modesty, but until then...). I kind of have a problem because I am almost ALWAYS cold (especially in our drafty house) so I assume Emery must be cold. So I layer her up with clothes. But I think she might be more like her dad because there have been several times that I have picked her up out of bed and she is sweating. Hey, I am from AZ and Las Vegas will feel right at home for this warm blooded girl. Please do not bring this statement up again when I am complaining about the heat in a few months...I am a woman and I am allowed to change my mind
In other news, Emery's new trick this week is that she finally learned how to steer her walker. She still isn't quite walking, stubborn little thing, but she is loving her walker. She can go just about anywhere with it now and goes around in circles around the kitchen and family room. I just love that she can be entertained by that for a good 15 min or so. We are still working on the walking thing - although she has taken a few steps here and there. Every parent- of older kids -we know tells us to be grateful she isn't walking yet...but we are too excited for her to walk and be a little more independent. But she is extra cautious and I guess that is a good thing. I just keep telling myself to relax, I had a nephew that didn't walk until he was 22 months, yikes!
20 comments:
She looks so cute! Jake love being in just a diaper. He loves grabbing his bare belly. Don't worry, she will be walking soon if she started walking with the walker. My kids had little bike things that they pushed around for a few weeks then they took off on their own. Good luck! LOCK EVERYTHING!!!!
I am so glad my kids aren't the only ones that play around naked :) I love those walkers. She will be walking on her own in no time!
Ah, she is so cute. My favorite new trick she does is the elbow dance. I still don't know for sure if she knew what she was doing, but it was pretty hilarious. She's a good little dancer.
Paige didn't walk until 16 months and it drove me crazy! The worst part was her clothes would get so filthy crawling around! But they do love to get into everything and go everywhere once they are running around.
nash hasn't started walking yet either, don't feel bad. har.
That is my absolute favorite age! I agree about how cute they are in just diapers! I can't enjoy that with my youngest because if he doesn't have shorts and a shirt on, that diaper will be off in seconds with him running as fast as he can away from me! She's adorable.
Exciting news - she walked across the kitchen and across her bedroom last night and some more here and there. The thing is she doesn't want to walk to us. She mostly wants to walk when she thinks we're not watching.
Congratulations on Emery's milestone! It is bittersweet to watch your kids become more independent. Thomas is rolling over and I love it and hate it. Love it because it is exciting to see Thomas figure out how to control his little body and sad because then he will be crawling and before I know it he will be leaving on a mission. Can you see my reasoning?
I am so jealous of your Las Vegas weather! I am a SoCal girl and despite having lived in Utah and Oregon since I was 18, I can not get over the fact that Christmas day is not 75 degrees and sunny. I never dream of a white Christmas-I dream of a nice warm desert Christmas. I don't know how I am going to survive Spokane.
I LOVE the Emers! She is so much fun. What a darling little girl she has turned into!
I love it when they walk. The first little while though I am always tempted to have them wear a helmet, they fall so much! Congrats, she is a cutie.
Life has officially changed as you know it....How fun that she is walking. I think that means you no longer have a baby and you officially have a toddler. I can't wait for Blakey to be waddling accross the floor in a couple of months.
I too am jealous of the Las Vegas heat you'll be enjoying! I think it's so cute to see Emery almost walking around...she is seriously the most adorable little girl. I really hope she doesn't mind younger boys because I think Easton has a crush on her.
You will miss her chubby thighs when she starts walking! She is so adorable.
It's so fun to see them walking around and getting in to EVERYTHING!!! Yeah for Emery!
i love naked babies and their diapers! i know lots of people say it is pure trouble when babies start to walk, but i think it is better than the crawling stage! so stay excited, you should be!
She's sooo cute in her diapers! Anna didn't walk until she was 14 months old and people kept telling me that it was a blessing. But, since she's my first I was SO anxious for her to start walking. Actually, we bought her the same walker that Emery is using and it helped her gain confidence. It was fun to watch her zip around the house.
Fun times learning to walk! My girls took their precious time, it's all good. To answer your ? we will be in Vegas, for sure, til August 10. That is Joc's last day of school. John's last day of work is Aug 3, he will be training your hubby for a week. We don't have a job yet, so who knows where we will be after August!
That little Emery is a born shopper-she'll be the hottest toddler in the store with a little mini cart!
Congrats on her walking, thats so huge!
...and naked babies are the best! It's a shame they have to wear diapers that hide their little tushies!
I love seeing them naked and they love it too! I love to spank their cute little bummas.
My kids did not walk until 15 months...it makes them grown up really fast when they walk.
p.s. Hope you get better soon!
Post a Comment