Brian and I were discussing that this year we are breaking our record for going the longest without seeing any family right now. I hate it. I don't want to break this record ever again. We haven't seen any family since Christmas. I am so sad because I won't see any of my side of the fam until July. That is far too long! I love my family so much and miss hanging out with my fun sisters and awesome brother. I think it is extra hard now that I have a child because I want her to play with her cousins! I love having a big family and although it is hard to all be together, because there is so freaking many of us now (46 total and 2 more on the way), we still love to be close and hang out together.

I also love the family that I married into. It is sometimes hard to get used to a new family and their different personalities - just so different from the household you are used to growing up in. But I love them and appreciate them so much. Brian's parents are coming next week for graduation and I am so excited. I can't wait for Grandma to dote upon Emery (it just feels so good when someone else loves your kid as much as you do!)

I am so grateful for families and can't wait to be able to see them more often and never go more than 4 months without seeing some of my family again.
12 comments:
I hear ya! We are going a long stretch this year without seeing family as well. We are going home in June and haven't seen anyone since Christmas. It is sad! At least it helps us to appreciate our families all the more though!
Your Wrigley/Howard/Coffin Family picture is awesome! But why does Ryann look like she's been cut and pasted into the picture?
I have to tell you, Ali, that I miss you more now that we're fellow bloggers. I love that about blogs. Instead of asking Amy and Emily how you guys are doing, I can read it myself, and chat over "posts"! It's so great!
I know, I love getting to see what is going on in your blogs. I wish my family would participate but I can't even get them to post anything on our myfamily site. O-well.
BTW, the photoshoot for the family pic was a bit crazy. We were supposed to meet a 5 and of course half the fam didn't get there til the sun was down. Ryann was a blurry mess but the pic I took her from was with a flash and you couldn't see everyone else...
I think the picture of your other family is beautiful too.
I have been spoiled these past few years, having my family close by (Steve probably doesn't share my excitement), so I feel for you. That is a long time to go without seeing them. How great that you love your in laws a lot too; that is so great. I love mine as well, so it just means there is more and more family to love and spend time with. I'm glad you have a grandma coming to love on Emery for graduation!
Cute fam Alison. Okay, how old are Lisa's kids?!?!? I can't even tell which one Lauren is, but I can for sure tell her sons. They are so handsome and old! I can't believe it. Sorry you can't see them, but have fun with the in-laws!
Sorry Brian. The picture of your family is great too! I just know more of the people in Ali's family picture... but I should have been more sensitive to your feelings. I'll send some flowers if you give me your address. ; )
I hear you Alison. My parents live in Chicago, sister and brother in Utah, another brother in Pennsylvania, another brother in Colorado, and me in Oregon. It pretty much stinks being so spread out. The only bright side I can come up with the distance thing is that we have a lot less drama to deal with since none of us live close enough to get on each other's nerves. It will be nice to live in Spokane where at least Dan's brother lives.
Shan - Lisa's kids are getting so old. Nick (the oldest) went on his mission in Feb. Lauren is 16 and is a finishing her sophmore year at MTV. She is on Pom! So crazy! My oldest nephew, Beau, gets home from his mission in just a few weeks. Time really flies, I am feeling so old now.
Ilene - I totally hear ya on the drama. Hello, we have 7 sisters...there is always tons of drama. There are times when I hear about some crazy thing and I just think, I am so glad I am not in the middle of that. Brian's family has pretty big blow outs too, which I am so happy to miss. It is true that being away makes you appreciate and love your fam all the more.
I love your family so much! Hey Chris and Lisa are missing. What happened to them. Did they get kicked out for a little bit? :)
Hey you are right! I remember now that they went to pick up Lauren at dance and they were late. I tell you it is hard to get this whole family together!
Cute families. Las Vegas will probably the perfect in between.
Post a Comment