Well, I am back in good ol' AZ right now. There is something about being back in Mesa that just brings me back to high school and makes me feel like I am not a married woman who is a college graduate and has a child. I feel like I am back in high school and just want to play with all my friends. Maybe this is because I moved away from home within weeks of my high school graduation, and haven't lived here since (and really only visit about once per year because all my family always comes up to UT). I am excited to live closer to AZ so my visits won't have to be so few and far between.
So, I got to see some of my friends yesterday - 2 that I see almost every chance I can since we have graduated 9 years ago (Kendee, thanks for playing host at your mom's house, and Shan you are beautiful and hilarious as ever), and one that I have not hung out with in probably 7 years. It was so great to see Beth and and her cutest little girl - and it was so weird to be sitting there in our old high school hang out with all our kids running around. And I am looking forward to seeing more of my favorite people tonight.
Then last night I was hanging out at my sister Lisa's house and chatting with my cute niece who is a Junior at my old alma mater. This brought me back all over again as I asked to see her yearbook and see if any of my old teachers were there. While there were a few, the funnest part was looking at all the pics and remembering my time as a great TORO. Plus, it is hilarious to see what kids write in yearbooks. I think I will need to pull mine out when I get home and read the funny things people wrote. I may also try to swing by her assembly today since she is on Pom and will be performing. How funny it would be to see old Coach Sully?
Oh, it is so fun to reminisce! I wish I had some of my old photos to share, because we were hilarious and high school was fun - and it is fun to look back and remember the good times and not have to relive the drama.
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
12 comments:
I'm laughing out loud about your Toro Pride! I love it. Matt's little sister just graduated last year, but we went to watch her cheer and we always laughed about our "Toro Pride"
Oh man I'm glad I'm not the only one who likes to talk about old times. I would seriously love going back to my old school and taking a look around. How cool. But don't have too much fun, we need you to come back soon!
Go TOROS! I love it when you come into town, and nerdier than that, I still check your blog when you are down the street from me. LAME!!! I am glad you are here.
Ali how fun to get together with everyone. I loved seeing old friends last time I was in AZ too. I am so glad you are having such a great time. I hope you have fun tonight seeing Brooke & Caryn! Post some pics of your girly fun...
How fun! I would love to go back to my High School. Sounds like you are having a good time. We miss you here!
We had so much fun! We will for sure plan a girls weekend this fall! Thanls for walking down memory lane with me!
How fun. I think it is so much more fun to go back to where you live than to live there.
Crud. I just lost my comment I wrote for you. Anyway, the gyst of it is you were cool in high schooland me not so much. The Eugene girls and I got together and you were sorely missed. We did mention you and a comment you made once about showers and we were off and running. You are an inspiration no matter where your locale is.
Sad I missed those girl times too. Ooh, shower talk amongst the girls...sounds like good conversation to me.
I loved seeing you gals and am glad I got to. I wish I could have hung out Friday with you. We for sure are doing a girls retreat. So lets plan it!
10 year reunion next year... do you need me to remind you that you're getting pretty old?
Hey! Your sister told me you were in town, next time, I WANT TO SEE YOU TOO! Your blog always reminds me of how much fun you are. It'll be fun to plan the reunion with all the old STUCO pals! (Ahhh, memories!)
Post a Comment