Wednesday, August 22, 2007

Haunted House

You wouldn't think when you first see our new house that it could possibly be haunted. I mean it looks the exact same as the other 50 houses on the street (you think I am exaggerating but seriously they pack these houses in and they are EXACTLY the same) but we have reason to believe that the house may be possessed, or at least the ceiling fan is. Many of you may understand the necessity of having a ceiling fan in your bedroom when you live in a place that is a million degrees outside and you refuse to cool it below 79. When we found this house to rent we were stoked because not only is there a ceiling fan in our room, living room and Emery's room - but they also work from remote control. We were thinking that is pretty fancy.

Well, we got to the new house and figured out how to use these fancy fans with their remote controls....but then strange things started happening. The fan wouldn't go to the highest level. Then after playing with it we figured that if a certain light switch was on the fan would only work on level 1. We thought, ok we can deal with that. Then the fan/light started acting really weird. We would be dead asleep in the middle of the night and all of a sudden the fan stopped and the light had turned on. Or it would randomly change speeds. Then last night I heard the fan click and the fan had stopped and decided to turn in the other direction (so the air was blowing up). We can't figure out why it decides to do this at random - so it must be possessed.

Any thoughts on how to remove demons from ceiling fans? We would welcome any suggestion so we can get a decent nights sleep.

12 comments:

Brianne said...

My suggestion is to make friends with an electrician or get rid of the remote altogether and do it from the wall. Good Luck with your houseguests. hahaha!!

Alicia said...

Hmmm... do your neighdors also have remtes for thier fans? I wonder if something weird with that is happening. Funny though--I'd rather just blame the ghosts!
And thanks for your nice comments. Yes, "ever" was there... we had fun. :) Love you!

Birchall Family said...

I am a little scared for you. I always think my house is haunted. OUr sound machine shuts off sometimes in the middle of the night, it freaks me out! YOu need one of those ghost talker people to come and tell the people to leave you alone. haha

Caryn said...

We had the same problem, chances are one of your neighbors has the fan on the same frequency and when they hit their remote it catches yours and visa versa. There is a way to change it in the fan, you may have to find the directions online, but we did it to all our fans. We figured it out when it kept happening everynight at about 10:15 (which is exactly when our cop neighbor gets home and goes in his office!) Anyway, maybe that will help!!!

Emily said...

I think I would be scared to sleep in your room! The light all of a sudden coming on and fan stopping? That would freak me right out! You need someone to come in and rid your fan of the demons ASAP! Sweet dreams!

Laurel said...

Okay that is stinkin' hilarious! Yeah I don't know what I would do to be honest. I would first ask the landlord if he knew about it, having seen it himself or heard about it from previous tenants. He may be willing to come replace it or something (in a perfect world, right?). Worth a shot! And if it is possessed? At least it's probably a fancy ghost to go along with the fancy ceiling fan!

The Scotts said...

I agree with the above comment. Maybe a neighbor has the same remote transmitter in the fans are the same. We have that with 2 of our fans and so it sometimes will turn off the light/fan in another room. Jared just says you have to change the transmitter in the fan. Hope that works.

Ilene said...

Run around naked yelling, "Be Ye Gone You Demons!"

It's how I get rid of all the pesky ghosts in my house.

Be sure to close the blinds, though.

Christi said...

I like Ilene's suggestion!!!!

Jenna{Mommy in Manhattan} said...

Hopefully Caryn's answer is the right one. That kind of stuff freaks me out! I am a huge scary movie watcher so when things like that happen I always think the worst! Good Luck with the remote. Oh...Brad & Jamie get to live by your sis Amy and her family. Jealous huh. I wish we could live by eachother. Jamie said its been a lot of fun.

The Farnsworth Family said...

That stinks. I hope the fans start behaving soon or they will need a serious time out :) I hate electronic problems because I feel so helpless. Hope it's the transmitter and you can go back to sweat free days underneath the fan soon.

aryn said...

Dang, I wish Ghostbusters were still in business.