Sunday, August 26, 2007

Go USA!

Yesterday was a fun family day. We went to the USA vs. Canada basketball game. It was fun to watch the best of the best basketball players from the USA play, even for a non-sport fan like me. Brian was excited for an occasion to wear his sweet Rodman jersey (I made him wear a shirt underneath even though he wanted to just wear the jersey with just his pale white skin underneath).

We tried to get down closer to the court to take some pictures of LeBron and other players but stupid lady in the yellow shirt took her job way too seriously and kept us behind the black bar. Thanks to lots of treats and empty seats next to us, Emery had a lot of fun clapping and laughing with the crowd (despite the fact that she is pulling her usual "stoned" look for the camera). Oh and USA totally killed Canada - and we, as nice American's, booed anyone with a Canadian flag. USA! USA!

Then later we had a BBQ with some friends and then headed to a park. I love that LV has tons of these parks with sprinkling water to play in - they are Emery's new favorite thing and she just ran in without hesitation.

18 comments:

Emily said...

SO FUN! Don't be mad that my blog is going to have similar pics!! I hated that lady in the yellow shirt!

I love that you guys were dressed up, and Emery was SO cute the whole time!

Christi said...

Such a great day! That last picture of Emery is so cute!!!!!

Ilene said...

First of all, I'm so jealous to see you Em, and Christi hanging out. I hope you guys didn't talk about how much you miss me too much. You guys are so dang cute.

Emery doesn't look stoned... just tired :) I'm also glad to see that our outing to the EWEB fountains didn't scar her for life.

Anonymous said...

Emery looks so adorbale. I watched that game on TV and I did nt see you guys.

C Crane said...

Hey, email me and I will forward you a JoAnn's coupon I just got! Thanks for coming last night. It was fun. I am excited to have sewing lessons.

chels - chelsiecrane@yahoo.com

Laurel said...

Okay we're so jealous! I have seen so much basketball since I've been married I could probably give you stats on every man-child on that court... Seriously though, that sounds like so much fun! By the way thanks for the info on changing my profile. Worked out perfectly!

Chelsea said...

I also am so jealous to see that cute pic with the three of you together. Las Vegas is sounding better and better just so we can be by all you guys! So fun! And, I'm glad Emery took off her "stoned" face for the water park!

Tara said...

That sounds so fun! I am totally jealous too. I really miss you girls!!

The Thompson's said...

That looks like a fun day! I love those sprinkler things too! My husband would be jealous that you were there while we watched on TV.

Brooke Hunt (aka Mr. Burns) said...

I am excited you are so much closer- It's like I can just feel it- I can't wait to see you again! Love ya! Brooke

The Farnsworth Family said...

How stinkin fun! I am way jealous. You look so beautiful in your pics! I love Brian's Rodman jersey too. I would have laughed so hard if he would have gone shirtless underneath. I am laughing at Emery's "stoned" look. I seriously I have that same problem in pictures sometimes. Dave laughs at me all the time for it :)

King Family said...

What a fun family. The picture of you all in the stands is awesome.

Birchall Family said...

Looks like you are already having a blast in vegas. Hey I will be there in a couple weeks with my family. We will be there over a sunday so I thought maybe I would come to your ward so I could see you and Emery and Austin could play in the nursery together. Sound fun?

destiny said...

I'm sad we couldn't go to the game with you guys! Going to a real game is so much better than watching it on TV. I agree that they are so freaking tall, it's almost like they aren't human...but they are human. Yeah or I'm just really short?

aryn said...

So Fun. Nate has been watching that on the television- I really need to just try and get into basketball.

The Scotts said...

Very cute pictures and I love the jerseys! Emery is so cute and I'm excited to see her tommorrow! And you of course!

Brooke Hunt (aka Mr. Burns) said...

Alison- yes I want to play. I HAVE to be here thurs. pm, but I think I can get us a hotel and we can have a mothers meeting as shanny called it on fri. night or satuday night! I am sad to miss out thurs. day, but my heck I'm so excited to see everyone I can hardly sleep! Love ya!

Summertime Designs said...

ANH - Go red white and blue! It looks like you guys had a lot of fun at the game. And why didn't they have those fun water squirter thingies when we were little? Emery looks like she loves it!