FINALLY, we are getting settled in our new home. Not to complain, but taking a 1 month vacation right after moving isn't the best way to quickly get situated. We are starting to feel better. (Except Emery woke up in the middle of the night throwing up last night. I thought we were done with that. I don't know what to do for my poor little girl. So Sad.) And we got some pictures up on the walls and I am starting to feel like this is home. BTW, I really need some help with the decorating. Anyone want to come and be my interior designer? My sister, Amy is the best person to have come over and help you decorate, but she lives in UT and is unavailable to come and hang a few pictures.
Anyway, after spending much of my time couped up in our house - trying to organize and clean and being on house arrest waiting for phone, Internet and cable people to show (Dish Network is on my bad list as they stood me up twice this week) - I am excited to go to our new ward and meet some new people. Excited and nervous. Church isn't until 1pm (YUCK!) so I have all day to wait. For weeks, no months, I have been anxiously awaiting moving to a new place and hoping to be able to make new friends (as I have blogged about several times before). We haven't met one neighbor yet so church is going to be my first venture into meeting new people in this new city we now call home.
But wait...maybe Fast Sunday isn't the best day to make a good first impression. I am one of those people who gets extremely grumpy and tired when I am hungry. Oh, and remember how I have a sick little girl that is weeks from being able to go to Nursery. I can see a wiggly and fussy 3 hours ahead of me. All excuses aside...I am anxious and excited to come to our new ward. I hope they like me.
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
14 comments:
They'll love you! It'll be fun getting to know people and making Las Vegas your home. Good luck getting your house in order, that's always the worst part! Hope your first Sunday goes well.
i hope it went smoothly! New stuff is always exciting/scary... I bet you'll end up LOVING this ward.
Having fast Sunday be the first Sunday might be nice. You'll probably be able to pick out the crazies the first week!
And I'm sure everyone will love you!
I do agree with Liz, all the crazies will stand right out. I hear ya with the lack of food grumpiness though. Best of luck, and I know everyone will love you!
How can they not love you?! Just as long as you don't bare your testimony about how grateful you are for your new hair extensions (no lie- happened my first Sunday in this ward)I think you will be ok! Sorry about E, crap is going around and around, give her time to settle and adjust to the climate, she'll be great in no time!
I will be happy to write a letter of reference for you. I can totally vouch for what a great friend you are. . . a true kindred spirit.
My sister saw the new Jane Austen movie and said it was good. I bought the book that the movie is based on but haven't started it yet. I wish you were here to go see it with! I will probably have to go sit alone because well, I am a dork and have a hard time meeting people at church- no sick child excuses either.
Our ward meets at 1, it isn't so great with naptime which is usually at 1! My kids have thrown up in the last week too, what is with the flu in the summertime? I can't wait to see pictures of your home all put together!
Thanks guys. I think it went ok - no testimonies about hair extensions. Ilene thanks for the boost. I so wish I could go to Becoming Jane with you, and as Brian certainly won't go I may have to go by myself.
So, how was it? I am HORRIBLE at meeting new people at church, so you have to check them all out first for me. I can't believe Emery goes to nursery so soon! That just blows my mind! Thanks again for taking care of my hubby!!
I hope you had a most enjoyable experience at church. For me, it's the Home Family & Personal Enrichment Nights that seem to help me get to know people. I'm anxious to hear how your first Sunday went.
New wards our fun. We just moved and we are adjusting to ours....everyone is new in our ward because it is a new area and we have noticed that everyone "shares" a lot of personal stuff in testimonies because they want people to get to know them, ect. I know that testimonies are personal but I don't really need to know some of the details. Good luck in your new ward I am sure you will find tons of friends.
are fun. Gosh.
It is always scary being somewhere when you know no one but how fun too! It will be exciting to meet all the new neighbors and members around you. Good luck!
Church is super hard when they are this age. I had about 5 months when we would take the twins home for a nap because they were a disaster at church. Now they are in nursery and I go to all my classes. I never thought that would happen again!
Hope you are all feeling better!
Post a Comment