Emery hasn't quite figured out that she loves swimming yet. She started getting there when we were in UT at the in-laws pool. She loved to kick and play in the floaty watching her uncle Josh and cousins Chase and Lib jump off the diving board and make big splashes. She even started blowing bubbles and sticking her own head under the water (a little scary). I was so excited because I LoOove swimming and playing in the pool. I got excited to take her to our pool in Las Vegas.Well, as has been mentioned, we came home and were sicky sick pretty much all last week. I finally took her to the pool on Friday and she lasted about 15 min then cried and cried until I took her home. We tried again on Saturday and Monday. Alas, she just sits there bored or cries like she wants to get out. Now, I would like to attribute part of that to the fact that she is still getting over being sick (TMI, but, this is the first day of not having diarrhea in I don't know how long...) and adjusting to a new home.
I am not giving up!
I think I need to invest in some fun water toys. This is where you come in. What are your favorite toys/activities to do in the pool? I need some good ideas to trick Emery into loving pool time.
11 comments:
We will get her to love the water. She needs to teach Reagan to blow bubbles.
That picture is so dang cute! Maybe if she had a boy to swim with she would like it more...Easton will be there soon!
So cute! My kids LOVE the rings, and anything that floats when they are that age so they don't have to put their head in to get it... For sure get her in lessons next summer, she will be a little fish before you know it!
Jackson always liked chasing things when Emery's age- some kind of floating toy that I could throw and then swim him over to it. Very exciting stuff, you know.
He also liked doing backflips off the diving board too.
Oh, I am really happy that you get Emily back. I say that with a very sarcastic tone. If I can't have her, no one else should! Honestly, I just hate that you all will be having such fun without me. I guess I could have fun too but really, the law wives are irreplaceable.
I'm sorry about the big D. I hope you were telling us about Emery's problems and not your own! I'm sure she will soon be lovin' the water. She is so cute.
My little boy is like that, he stil doesn't like the water as much as most kids, but he will go to the pool if I bring buckets. He loves to fill them up and dump them. He just plays on the steps and super shallow end, but he is warming up. He'll go out with floaties now. Good Luck!
I don't have any tricks, but it jsut finally was fun to them. I think the more you do it, they more she will like it.
Viva Las Vegas!
My kids love the little fish that swim on top of the water. They are so cute, but you have to keep turning them around or they just keep swimming away. They have some that look like nemo which always helps. I am happy you are in your new home, how fun! We are going to vegas in 3 weeks then again in september for a whole week. If you know any cute girls in your ward (like age 15 or 16) that want to earn some babysitting money let me know!
Jack is the same way. it is so hard. you want them to love it as much as you do and as much as ALL the other kids do too. but stick with it. jack has really warmed up to the water... i give him his space and he takes his sweet time... but after a while he is pretty comfortable getting in to his waist. also - playing outside with the hose has helped alot.
I wish I had suggestions for you and Emery for the pool but I have no idea yet! I hope she feels completely better soon. I hope church ended up being good with lots of new friends to meet.
I hope you guys are feeling settled in Vegas now. Swim lessons helps so much. Even if they scream the first day or two, stick with it and soon, they will love it. With Abbie, if she ever got nervous in the water, singing songs with actions in the water always got her happy again.
Post a Comment