So, to make for a festive St. Patty's day even though I'm not Irish and I don't drink - I want to make a fun dinner for this day. I am not so into Corned Beef and Cabbage so I looked around for other fun ideas for a fun St. Patrick's Day dinner and here is a yummy GREEN menu that I can handle (I know a friend who likes to do Green Eggs & Ham but since I don't like ham that one is out too
).- Green, Green Salad - only green vegetables like cucumbers, celery, green peppers, and avacado.
- Pesto on Spinach Pasta - I will probably add some chicken and some broccoli.
- Green Garlic Bread - use a cookie cutter to make shamrock shapes and chopped parsley to make it green.
- Limeade to drink - for the best recipe go here.
- St. Patrick's Day Cupcakes for dessert
And a HAPPY BIRTHDAY shout out to my friends - Shanon and Sean. Hope you have a wonderful day!
13 comments:
That is a lot more elaborate then the menu I was thinking of. Green mashed potatoes, broccoli, and chicken, with Mint chip ice cream for dessert! Wow, I wish I had the energy to get that meal going, it looks good!
That is very impressive! It sounds very yummy. I did think for about a second of making a festive dinner, but that is as far as I got!!!
BORING
Wow, that is some creative menu planning. It all sounds really good though. My family is lucky when I'm able to get a regular meal on the table. Planning a festive meal is asking for too much from me! Plus, I sort of forgot it was St. Patrick's Day. Neither Ben or I am wearing green. We are some boring folks around here.
Good luck with your dinner!
does it count if your food had green in it? like spaghetti sauce that has little bits of parsley and oregano??
we at least went for the cupcakes with green frosting!
I was about to say --DANG GIRL, thats a LOT of impressive cookin' for a preggy girl...
And then I reread the post and realized you were CONSIDERING doing this. And then I didn't feel as bad about my not even cooking dinner at ALL tonight.
:) My green is the cash I spent on restaurant food for my beloved and me.
p.s. Sometimes your hubby's comments make me laugh.
What? Is it Saint Patty's? I am with Liz, we are boring! We didn't do anything to celebrate. Drew did wear a green shirt today but it was totally accidental!
Hope your dinner turned out!
Thanks for the bday shout! I made my kids green eggs and they ate them. I think if I start food coloring everything maybe they'll eat their food! You are way too much fun!
Whoa there Alison...you are hard core. We had KFC for dinner. But those cupcakes are making my MOUTH WATER and I want to make them right now! Is 10 pm too late to make cupcakes?
I am not a fan of corned beef and HATE cooked cabbage, but still like an Irish meal on St. Patrick's Day. I tend to do Potato Soup, Shamrock biscuits (I tried soda bread one year and didn't care for it.) and green jello (for the kids). Wish I could top it off with some Bailey's Irish Cream shakes, but we aren't a drinking people. Instead we do something green and minty.
The leprechauns like to play practical jokes at our house and do several silly things, such as turning our milk green. The kids love it. Unfortunately this year, the leprechauns fell asleep and didn't get to it this year.
Briant was mentioning today that we should start fun traditions and celebrate St Patrick's day with a fun festive meal. Too bad I didn't think of it and had already made spaghetti for dinner....maybe next year. You'd better let us know if you made everything listed because that is seriously crazy! I wish I could be that crazy to cook that much and that good!
Cute idea! Um ... we ate dinner at Taco Bell. So festive, I know, just for Cinco de Mayo instead I guess.
Post a Comment