
The most exciting part of our weekend was the new addition to our family, AKA Brian's Baby. We got a new TV - a very nice addition for TVaholics like us. It has been fun for Emery to now watch Dora that is almost as big as her and all Brian wanted to do this weekend was rent a movie and watch it at home (or play Guitar Hero as shown here). BTW, we rented The Messengers because it was the only Red Box movie that none of us had seen (or heard of for that matter) - don't rent it. It was pretty terrible.
We had Stake Conference on Sunday and made an attempt at going. I kind of thought it was pointless because it is basically 2 hours instead of 1 to wrestle with Emery and try to keep her quiet and entertained while not hearing a word of any speaker. We lasted about an hour and 15 min. and thought "Ok, we get an A for effort lets get out of here". We got to the parking lot and put Emery down to walk to the car and she just ran back to the church crying "church, church...I want church!" We just stared at her laughing and wondering if we are the worst parents ever and our child is trying to keep us righteous. Then I got to the bottom of it - she wanted to go to nursery and was mad that we made her sit through the boring part and didn't even get to the fun stuff.
Then on Sunday we went to our friend's house and played games with other friends. It is pretty hilarious seeing as all 4 couples have a child between the age of 1 1/2 to 2 1/2. We tried to ignore the kids and have fun and I think the Suthy's house suffered for it. Emery had a brilliant idea and got in this toy dump truck and made Zeke push her all around. It was pretty funny.This wasn't so much this weekend but this morning. We went to this super cute park with a western theme. It is such a beautiful day and it is nice to switch it up with the park going. Emery had fun on the teeter totter for her first time, but I think I had more fun when I convinced Jamie to go on it with me. Ah, to be a kid again.



Hope your weekend was wonderful and you are ready to face another week!
9 comments:
I love the new "baby". It is awesome!
Emery and Issac on the Tonka was hilarious.
Watching you and Jamie on the teeter totter was about the funniest thing I have seen in a long time. I am glad that you guys had fun.
I thought it was awesome how hard Janie was laughing...too funny. I don't know if you heard, but we got a new tv too!
Jamie...not Janie.
Sounds like a good weekend! I've been trying to talk John into a new tv but it isn't working. Shouldn't it be the husband trying to talk the wife into bigger tvs and better electronics? Jeez.
Sounds like an awesome weekend! Love the new TV. Ral would be very jealous!
Congrats on the TV! You are a better person than I am. I tried to talk myself into going to Stake Conference on Sunday, but I just couldn't do it. The last 2 times we even tried the primary room which is for rowdy kids and Jake kept trying to turn off the TV and VCR so we gave up within an hour. Twice. So I told Jared to go by himself. Is that awful? Yes it is. I would love to see a pregnant woman on a teeter totter. How fun are you!
Isn't it so nice to no longer be students and be able to buy a few new things! I can relate to Emery with lovin' the nursery to the point that it's all she associates church with. My fondest memories of the MTC are all about gym time and I have to remind myself that there was more to my experience there other than playing volleyball.
I'm so jealous of the new TV! I think it would be wonderful to mount something on the wall so I could stop Erich from watching it with his face pressed against the screen. Seriously, should I get a fence??
That park is right by my sisters house-we went there almost every day over Christmas. It rocks! Say hi to my sis if you run into her (short blond w/ a 7 mo. old) :P
Briant's jealous of the TV......
Post a Comment