Sunday, July 13, 2008

Home again, home again!


After a rough night on Friday we didn't think we would be able to bring Sage home until at least Monday or Tuesday. Her fever was still a little high and yesterday the Dr. ordered a CAT scan and sent in the infectious disease specialist (I thought it was about time for House MD). So, imagine how happy I was when the Dr. came in this morning and said we could go home - today!

Here are a few more pics:

We were so lucky to have my MIL in town when we had to bring Sage in to the hospital. Emery had lots of fun with Gangy (we are trying to make the name stick) and we truly appreciated all her help!

Emery came to visit as soon as they took off the "Contact Precaution" sign and the nurses stopped coming in with masks and plastic aprons.

Emery & Dad - they had some good bonding time while I was away.

Do you like Emery's hospital bed? She wanted to stay and sleep there with mom.

Glad to be home again and hope to stay here! Thanks again for all your well wishes and prayers.

26 comments:

Christi said...

I am so glad that she is home. She better stay out of the hospital, Alice wants to play.

Emily said...

How lucky you got to come home sooner than you thought! I'm so glad she's okay and I hope you can get some rest. Let me know what I can do to help. SERIOUSLY.

The Farnsworth Family said...

So glad everything turned out well! I am so happy you got to go home and get back to real life.

Destenee said...

How scary! I am so happy that things turned around quicker than expected!
Destenee Hartley

Jenn said...

Glad to have you guys home again. I am sorry that you have had such a crazy time with Sage! Please let me know if I can help. I am just glad that things are looking better.

kim said...

She is truly beautiful!! Love Emmer's bed. And the picture of her peeking over to look at her. Glad to know that you are home and everyone is doing better!

Lizzy said...

Yay, I'm so glad she's ok and you got to go home. She is looking so cute. I know she's tiny, but she looks like she's got some good rolls on her. And I love Emery's hair. It looks so long!

bulkleybunch said...

oh my crap she is soooo cute! hurray for a happy ending to a @#$%-ing nightmare! what's up with GANGY how do we say this gain-gee? gross, gann-gee, gross. help me out here! we love you guys like crazy.

Beth said...

there is no place like home! cute pics. emery and your husband are such twinners in their pic together. i remember reagan and sonny totally having special bonding time after number 2 came. so precious. glad you are all home! sage is such a cutie. i love that first pic of her.

Mandee said...

Ali, she's beautiful! I love her and I'm glad she's finally home. Did they ever figure out what exactly is wrong?

Rachel said...

Baby sage is SO precious! I hope that everything will continue to go smoothly!

{lizzythebotanist} said...

yay! i'm so glad you are home and sage is well...let's hope you don't have to make any more visits to the hospital anytime soon (or ever, for that matter). hope you're feeling alright and getting some sleep.love ya.

Tara said...

YAY! I am so glad you got to come home and that she is ok. Now I am going to make sure that the Drew and I are 100% better before we visit. I don't want that little chick getting sick again on my watch! :)

Kara said...

Hey Alison! Your cousin Kara here, my Dad sent me your link and told me you were having a rough time with your baby! I'm glad to hear she is doing much better now! She is beautiful. Your whole family is. I love your husband's and Emery's almost matching glasses. So cute! I hope Baby Sage continues to be healthy... and I hope you are doing well, too!

Kara Sly

Bringhursts said...

I'm so relieved for you guys. It's dang scary when your baby gets sick so I couldn't stop thinking about you. Glad to see everyone's okay.

bryant said...

Hi Alison!
Another Jensen here. Glad to know you were able to return home from the hospital. And congrats, by the way, on your second. Good to see you and your little family.
Cousin Bryant

lisset said...

she looks different already. they really do grow up so fast! glad she is home and well- now get some rest!

Brianne said...

Yay!! I hope things continue on an uphill climb and you can get to some sense of "normal" now.

Kara said...

So glad you're home again! Let's keep it that way! Sage is just getting cuter and cuter by the day!

Jen Lee said...

So glad to hear she's doing ok. How scary!

Rachie said...

She is very pretty, Allison. I am glad you made it home. The hospital is no fun.

Alicia said...

Oh, Al I am so happy she's okay... And just so you know, we are trying to have both moms named "Gangy". Here's hoping!

Cassey said...

I'm glad she's better. I haven't even had a chance to say congrats yet! She is beautiful! I've thought about you a lot and how crazy this most be for you.(Even though you still look great!) Let me know if you need anything.

Carl and Tami said...

Please know that you can call me day or night! ANYTHING you need.

Jenna{Mommy in Manhattan} said...

I'm so glad you are home and everything is o.k. I'm sure I sound like a broken record! She is so precious!

Birchall Family said...

I am so glad everything turned out ok for all of you! She is such a doll! I am sure she is loving being home! I remember sleeping in the hospital when they sent Mikey back, did you sleep in that big huge bed with her. I just climbed in that big crib with Mikey, it was way more cozy than the sofa!