I am in total denial. I still try to put Emery down for a nap/quiet time in her room even though she has only fallen asleep maybe 5 times in the last 2 months. Any suggestions on enforcing a better quiet time? I need it.
Oh and in case you were wondering - potty training is sucks. She does good most of the time but every once in a while she will have a day of accidents. Seriously, I am now understanding that the terrible two's isn't just referring to toddler tantrums.
10 comments:
The ink on her legs was clearly not her fault. She came down and said, "the black got on me." It is the black's fault.
That is too funny! My sister's kids don't do naps anymore so for down time she just shuts them up in her room and turns on a movie. That gives her a couple hours of free time. Except who knows what kind of fun things kids can find in their parents room if they're bored enough to look.
That is such a cute dress. Goes great with her pretty legs.
You so deserve and need quiet time, so I hope you stick to your guns and find something that works for everyone!
I love to think of how kids get these ideas. They start drawing a little bit on their legs, maybe think for a minute that they shouldn't, and the next thing you know they are covered in it. So funny! We have NO luck with Evan napping so I have no advice on that. :) This picture is a keeper though.
Hey Alison. I have a real clock and a toy clock in James's room and when it is quiet time I take him in there and fix the toy clock with the time that he can be done with quiet time(usually like an hour and half or so). Then he can look at the real clock and when it matches, he can come out. I also give him two or three things that he's allowed to do (like color in this coloring book, play with these blocks and read this book) and I tell him he's not allowed to come out until his time. It has worked out pretty well for us these past few years, as James is 5 now, but I still make him have quiet time on the weekends when he's not at kindergarten. Good luck!
i feel your pain, but i have no sympathy. walk a mile in my shoes my dear sil. indie so overtakes emers in terribleness it's pathetic. i can't even go potty without her clinging to me. oh to have 5 minutes of quiet. . . just think, it could be worse! :)
I swear Marker Monsters come up and give kids drawing things during nap time. That's what my kid said, so I am sure it was the monster's fault, not hers!
Nothing is worse than potty training.
Except really mean sassing. That comes at age 3. But at least that doesn't require more laundry and carpet cleaner.
Potty Training is the worst part of being a mom I have experienced thus far. Alasia is now done too and I still think it was terrible. Good luck with that.
Anna went through the same problem. Now I let her sleep in my bedroom and she thinks it is quite the treat. So she'll sleep in there but not her bedroom. Whatever works!!
Post a Comment