Nothing saves a dying blog than a good ol' tag. I saw this on my friend's blog and since I love to talk about pregnancy, labor, and babies...here you go.
Where were you when you first found out you were pregnant?
E - Unofficially, in our kitchen when Brian hugged me. I just knew it. Wasn't until test confirmed a few days later. I got up early to take it and woke Brian up with and excited, "I'm pregnant!"
S - In my bathroom. The day before we left to go to AZ for Thanksgiving.
How did you find out that you were pregnant?
E - Brian hugged me and it hurt more than it should have. My mom said that is how she always knew and so I knew what to look for.
S - was in denial until the test said so.
What was your first reaction to finding out you were pregnant?
E - So excited!!!!
S - Already?!?! Of course, since we talked about getting pregnant.
Who was the first person you told?
E - Chrissy, girl at my work since I was making the Dr. appt when she walked in.
S - My friend Emily since she knew I was kind of wondering about it.
Did you plan to get pregnant?
E - Yes, but not quite yet.
S - Yes, but we were planning on waiting another month.
Was everybody happy for you?
E - Yes. I believe tears were shed by Hollie who was already pregnant and sick of providing all the grandchilden.
S - Yes. We waited so long that no one seemed very surprised (something about that fact that I was already wearing fat pants).
Did you want to find out the sex?
E - ABSOLUTELY!
S - No question...YES!!
What was the sex?
E - Girl - though we thought for sure it was going to be a boy.
S - Girl, much to Brian's dismay.
Did anyone throw you a baby shower?
E - Yes, and yes. They were fun!
S - No need.
How much weight did you gain?
E - 25
S - More.
Did you loose all of the weight that you gained?
E - Yes.
S - Not quite.
What did you crave the most?
E - Milkshakes.
S - Root Beer Floats and Smoothies.
Did you have any complications during your pregnancy?
E - Nope.
S - None.
Where were you when you went into labor?
E - At Liz's house watching "Some Kind of Wonderful". Went home and decided to go to the hospital after Brian took a Tylenol PM.
S - Um....I thought I was in labor for about 3 weeks. Finally, the nurses let me stay.
Did your water break?
E - Not without help...
S - Nope
Did you go early or late?
E - 2 weeks and a day early.
S - 2 weeks early, exactly
Who was in the room with you when you gave birth (besides Dr/nurse)?
E - Brian
S - Brian
Did you have any drugs for the pain?
E - Heck, yeah! Stadol first which I hated. Then the lovely epidural, even if it did make me vomit and only worked on one side.
S - Yes, and it was the best epidural ever.
Did you go vaginal or have a c-section?
E - We went Vag.
S - We went vag.
What was your first reaction after giving birth?
E - YAY!.....I can't keep my eyes open.
S - Woohoo! She's here. She looks like she has Zach Braff's profile.
What did you name the baby(s)?
E - Emery Jane then Emery Nicole
S - Sage McKenzie
Did the name have any significance to you?
E - We settled on giving her my middle name.
S - We liked the sound of the name. We almost used McKenzie for Emery since we lived my the McKenzie river, so we liked to use it this time. And we say it is a family name since my niece also has the same middle name.
Does the baby's name fit?
E - Yes.
S - I can't imagine any other name.
Did the baby(s) have any complications?
E - No
S - Yes. Sad days but she is perfect now.
How old is your baby today?
E - A week from today she will be 3!!
S - 7 1/2 months
When is the next one(s) coming?
Fall 2010? Knowing us that will mean Summer 2010.
That was fun. If you actually read all of this, then you should do it too. I just love all things baby.
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)

13 comments:
I like this! I had totally forgotten you were at my house when you started contracting. Now that I remember I feel like I had a role in bringing Emery into the world. Not like mom and dad big, but a tiny little part.
I'm going to copy this. Cause you know I have the best labor story ever LOL.
I loved this. I also love talking about pregnancy, delivery etc etc. And I have to say my most favorite bit of info was "we went vag". Oh what a great story that was :)
I knew most of that...and I love the difference in skin tone in the pics. Dreary Oregon winter skin, and beautiful, sunny las vegas skin.
Dang, you guys have it all planned out. You already know when you want your next one? I guess when you have babies who sleep, it's easy to want more.
Where are the nursing stories? That's my favorite part.
I love this too! Which is why I am totally copying it. right now.
Anyway I remember watching that flick at Lizzy's and then hearing you went into labor shortly after. Crazy!
Yea! That was fun to read. Your girls are so cute!!
So fun! I love this post!Maybe a boy in 2010!
i for the life of me couldn't figure out what e and s meant??!!! yes, it's true, i'm that handicapped. right when i was going to ask, it clicked!!! i am pathetic!!! wahooo that was so fun to read and yes, i shed more than a few tears of joy when i heard the news in nyc while i was already fat and preggers with indie monster bella! love you, that was awesome!
ps i gain 25 pounds the day i find out i'm pregnant!! you kinda suck!!
People keep telling us that we shouldn't find out what we are having, but I agree with you and we definitely will. I didn't know you were two weeks early with both of them. I bet that was kind of nice. I love the pictures. You look perfect as always!
Loving you and your girls. Where do you shop. Laura needs to look as cute. I don't want her to be the dowdy one of the group.
Very cute....just copied and finished mine!
Jill is rude and stole my comment! 2010 is next year, you guys ready already?!
Post a Comment