Wednesday, February 04, 2009

For my own sense of accomplishment

We moved. I remembered why moving is sucks. Some things I learned from this move.

1. Living with moving chaos is way more annoying with kids. "Where are the diapers? What box is the formula in? I don't know where your Tara doll is!"
2. Cleaning an entire house by yourself takes way longer than you think it will take. Thanks to Christi and Emily for watching my kids (sorry for the fifteen phone calls saying, "I'm almost done"), but next time I am recruiting some cleaning helpers too.
3. Out-of-town visitors, Birthdays and Super Bowls are a good distractions to put off unpacking for a few days.
4. I miss my old closet and laundry room.
5. I am so glad to be done and so looking forward to doing this again real soon.

We put off unpacking for as long as possible but after 2 days of chaos I needed to clear it all out. Thanks to my trusty helpers (seriously, you guys have to move wherever I move because I don't know what I would do without you) and to the fact that I am leaving half my junk in boxes in the garage, we unpacked and cleared out the boxes in one day and I feel like I have a home again.

And for my own sense of accomplishment - I took before and after pictures. It just feels good to see the mess that it was to the less mess that it is now. *Sigh* Now I can sit back and relax and watch all my shows.

12 comments:

lisset said...

nice job getting to it! i can't stand looking at boxes so i tend to pull all nighters to get things sorted. now here's to doing it again! hahahaaaa!

Emily said...

Looks good! That wasn't so bad, was it? Ready to do it again soon?

bulkleybunch said...

before and afters, nice effect! totally can see all the work you went to. wow! i hate moving. at least you're good at it. and the place looks pretty cute, you're so not slumming it. hang in there, you're dream house is around the bend!! can't wait!!! you should have a goal to get into your house before the "vacation house" annual party and then we can come see you and THEN head up instead of making you travel back to h and m right after you get there!!! love ya! go watch tv and call me and fill me in on gg libby deleted it!! dang her butt!

Lizzy said...

Good joerb! I like that kitchen, by the way. And your girls wrestling on the floor is cute. And I love the fabric on your rocking chair. I like it all.

rochelle said...

Wow! That's amazing that you were able to accomplish so much in such a short amount of time! I always feel like it takes us DAYS to unpack when we get back from vacation, and I hate packing and unpacking for a move. Good job on your HARD work!

Jill said...

Oh man, I HATE moving. And I'm sorry you will have to do it again soon. You house does look fabulous though. Very organized. Well done!

Christi said...

Looking good. We will be ready to go round 2 soon!

Anonymous said...

Moving totally stinks, I told David I didn't want to move again unless someone else could do all the work for me! I am impressed you got unpacked as fast as you did, you are amazing!

The Hausmann House said...

Hey there. I became a part of the blogging world. www.hausmannhouse.blogspot.com

Caryn said...

Glad you are settled for now- how goes house hunting?

Jenna{Mommy in Manhattan} said...

way to survive the move! Your next move will make you so excited that you will love to unpack! Have you found a house you like?

Ilene said...

Ah, I love before and after pictures.

Here's to hoping you find a "for real" moving locale really soon.