Friday, February 20, 2009

Firsts...

There are a lot of firsts that are pretty exciting and nerve wracking. I remember my first sleepover when I was in kindergarten. I was so excited and we got to watch a movie on this cool thing called a VHS player (seriously, I remember that was a new thing). Then I got too scared and called my mom to come get me.

I remember my first kiss. We were at my friend Sheri's house and JH kissed me and I was so nervous and stayed up talking about it all night with my friends. I was so worried that I was the worst kisser ever. Later, when I found out he was kissing another girl at the same time and she said he was a bad kisser, I felt way better about my performance.

My first pregnancy was an exciting and crazy time. I reveled in every freaky change that was happening to my body. I talked constantly with anyone who would about pregnancy, gathering as much info I possibly could. I was so nervous about labor and delivery that I couldn't stop asking every mother I came across about their experience. Fortunately, it all turned out and now I have my own war stories to share with expectant moms.

This weekend is another first...my first weekend away from my kids. Other than giving birth to Sage and then staying at the hospital with Sage, I have never spent a night away from Emery (and never without Sage). I am so excited and so nervous. I have been looking forward to this for months, a chance to play with my OR girls and relax. But I can't stop the butterflies in my stomach. The forces were against me, with Brian suddenly having to work this weekend, but friends pulled through for me (thank you, thank you, thank you, Kara & Shannon) and I am all packed up and ready to go.

I know they will be in good hands and heaven knows I could use a break - but I sure will miss these cute faces.

9 comments:

The Scotts said...

Ha ha, love the firsts is JH the same JH that BS married? Have such a fun weekend!!! You will love the break and not worry once you are there. Have fun with your friends and plan on ours sometime this year!!

Beeta said...

Are you coming to Oregon? You will be in BIG trouble if you weren't planning on telling me. Have fun wherever you are going! You totally deserve a break.

bulkleybunch said...

remember to return with honor, i know how you can get a little crazy at times!!! :) have a blast! love you.

lisset said...

enjoy enjoy enjoy! heaven knows how often you'll get the chance to have a little private time. lucky you! i'm dying for a little break myself. HAVE FUN!!

Tara said...

YAY and we all survived!! It was a blast. love ya!

Ilene said...

I love how you jumped from first kiss to first pregnancy. One typically will lead to the other.

I had a dream Friday night about seeing you girls. Seriously, we were all there exchanging babies and chatting it up. It was so much fun. So although I missed out on the reunion, I was with you guys in spirit.

Birchall Family said...

Love the firsts! that was so fun to read. Have fun on your weekend away, you deserve it!

Matt and Shannon said...

The girls were great! Seriously. No crying or anything. :)

melbo said...

I so love that picture of the girls. And the first kiss story brought back soo many memories for me! Oh, to be young. :P