Friday, February 27, 2009

I want to go back to last weekend

Christi, Katie, Chelsea, Tara, Liz, Emily & ME!

This week has just flown by and it has been super busy so I haven't had the chance to blog about that very special weekend - my first ever kidless girls weekend. Although it has already been said by these fine ladies, I just have to post about it in my own little bloggie (plus my mom wanted to see pics and she doesn't blog hop all that much).

It all started back in beautiful, rainy OR....Ok, I won't give you the long version. But to sum up, we went to OR for Law School, away from all family and friends. I grew more homesick than I thought I ever would and these girls (and a few others not pictured here - you were sorely missed) saved my life. They became my family. Who knows if we would be this good of friends had we not all been in the same boat, poor with boring studying husbands. But I sure am glad that they are my friends forever.
What did we do?

We crammed in one car...

and we shopped...
and we ate...
then shopped some more...
then watched a movie about shopping...
and ate some more.
And no girl sleepover would be complete without a little Karaoke - American Idol style. There was some people bringin' it, some awesome dance moves, and Celine was blown out of the park.
And with only 2 meltdowns (both by me, missing those little rugrats) and a final farewell, at the Denny's, we ended this fabulous weekend.
I want to go back! I had so much fun - now I want to have a girls weekend again and again. Mesa girls? Sisters? Any takers? Lets make it happen because it is amazing what a little shopping and eating can do for a girl!

10 comments:

Felchle Family said...

How fun!! All mothers deserve a weekend away! I am doing this with my high school friends in two weekends!! ~ Libby

Emily said...

I know, I'm ready to go back too! Super fun times...thanks for being our photographer!!

Ilene said...

I love how you guys took a picture in front of ThaiPan. Oh the landmarks that we women get excited about...

You guys look so happy and cute! I'm so bummed I miss it. Next round, okay?

Lizzy said...

I want to go back! I'm ready for round two!

melbo said...

That looks like the perfect weekend. What a great idea!

The Scotts said...

Love girls weekends!! I am ready and willing! Lets do it in the summer/fallish time. I think I may be filling my quota for girls weekends this spring in Jared's book.

rochelle said...

Girls weekends are great! I don't blame you for wanting to go back. Were your girls excited to see you when you got back? Sometimes that's the best part, too.

bulkleybunch said...

of course both meltdowns were by you!! you are such a sweet mom. i was traumatized when i left chase the first time, and on long trips i get really homesick from them. but now on little getaways, i try to relish every kid-free moment! love you!!!!

Chante said...

So, I hope one of us gets on the ball and plans a girls weekend this summer since no Aspen Grove! Beach anyone? Sounds good right now, huh!

Christi said...

I love that you had the 2 meltdowns!!!
I am ready to go back too!