Tuesday, January 17, 2006

It's flooding outside!

Hello, enough with the rain already! I come to work today and it is a normal Eugene rainy day. Boy am I glad that I brought my umbrella. (Mind you, my work forces us to park on the street so we can leave the parking lot open to all the patients, so half the time I have a half mile walk to and from my car). So, it continues to rain fairly hard all morning, unbeknownst to me because I have no windows up in the attic that they put my desk. After lunch I get a call from one of the girls downstairs informing me that the street is totally flooded so I should move my car because the water is quickly coming up to the door. In a panic, (because I hate cold and wet and my car has some leakage problems as it is) I run outside to get to my car. I have to wade through water up past my ankles, even with heels, to get to my car. Apparently the sewage drains on the street got so full that the lids popped off and water came shooting out. Well, I re-parked my car in the forbidden lot. Now I am told that the drain next to the lot entrance is flooding out as well and I may not be able to get my car out of the lot.

Please make the rain stop! I can’t take it anymore!!!

7 comments:

Sammy Pow said...

Well, maybe if you'd had enough faith and joined me in my Arc you wouldn't be worried about these problems.

Tara said...

Man that is crazy! And how in the hell did Jaws get here?? That is so creepy!

Marc said...

Mother nature has forgotten what it's like to be expecting.

Kris said...

Did you have to stay at work with wet feet? I would've hated that.

Alifinale said...

Fortunately I had a good heater on my feet to dry them out. But it was pretty gross. I wish I had slippers to put on.

syd said...

or a job not to go to?

Alifinale said...

You got me there. I would much rather that!