Tuesday, April 17, 2007

Ah choo...

Being sick is no fun. I have a cold and since I am rarely sick I am feeling extra crappy. It is amazing how it takes feeling sick to really appreciate your health and feeling good. This made me think of some things that really make me feel good. To name a few:
  • A really good sneeze. Especially after waiting for one to come for a long time. My mom shakes the house when she sneezes and I kind of get embarrassed, but I bet she feels so good after she does so.
  • That moment after being in really cold air conditioned building for too long and your toes are losing their color and you walk out into the sun. Ah....
  • When you've been outside in the hot sun and you walk into a nice cool air conditioned building.
  • The brief moment after hours/days of feeling nauseated - then finally you throw up. Right after of course, the actual act of vomiting is horrible.
  • When the Percocet kicked in those days after giving birth.
  • I didn't want to add this...but this is one of my hubbies all time favs and well...everybody poops right? But that feeling after waiting far longer than a human should. Yeah, that's a good thing.
  • When it is only 40 degrees outside but the sun is out and you get into your car and it is so warm and cozy.
  • Tanning during the dead of winter. I know I am doomed for skin cancer - but feeling my skin bake is one of my favorite feelings.
  • A hot shower. Can you see a theme here? I told you I am cold all the time.
  • Epidurals. That one takes the cake.
Here's to good health and feeling better.

13 comments:

The Scotts said...

You crack me up. Poop!! We are laughing histsrically because it is so true. And I love throwing up, afterwards, and I want an epidural!!

Brooke said...

Sorry you're not feeling good! It is no fun to feel sick! Get well soon.

melbo said...

Amen to all of that. And as I said earlier, Percocets are right up there..

Hey, now that Em's walking she could fetch you some magazines and OJ! Perfect timing :P Get well soon!

Ami Bethea said...

Alison I love you! This post was just what I needed to laugh about my lingering flu bug that won't let me throw up & feel better. Epidurals & percocet are the BEST. Hope you feel better soon!

Rachie said...

I love it all! I am so glad you mentioned the poop. You are my kind of girl.

Feel better...

The Farnsworth Family said...

Ali you seriously make me laugh....hard. I love you for writing this. I hope you feel better :)

Emily said...

Epidurals are truly a gift from God! I'm sorry you're sick...get better soon!

Emily S. said...

Awesome post!!! Makes me feel warm and fuzzy inside, too.

Right now, my classroom is FREEZING all day long, so I really appreciate that "warm sun on my lifeless toes" thing.

Mandee said...

I love a hot shower, at the end of the day, before I go to bed. Feeling clean, in cozy pajamas, in freshly laundered sheets! Ah, I love that!

Kendee said...

I hope you feel better soon. I have a couple great feeling moments to add.
1. Going to bed. Especially when you have been standing a lot that day and your legs start to tingle as they relax.
2. Sleeping in. When you hear your baby cry in the morning and your husband takes care of him. It feels the absolute best to roll over and close your eyes again.
3. Falling asleep while watching a movie.

Do you see a theme here? I am always tired... Love ya.

Ilene said...

Speaking of needing warmth, my favorite is sitting on a beach and being warm. You are never warm at Oregon's beaches- I mean coasts

Rachel said...

you are hilarious! I love your posts! I hate being sick, it is the worst. I am sending you lots of sunshine from AZ. Feel better!

Jenna{Mommy in Manhattan} said...

I love this post! My favorite is the tanning bed in the dead of winter...just cover your face. Hope you feel better soon.