Do you ever just have an emotional breakdown? I do about once a month, sometimes less often but we (BA & I) don't count on it. I am not talking about crying at a sappy movie or tearing up at a sweet song or precious moment. I do that too...but I am talking about irrational crying about something really stupid. My mind tells me that it is stupid and I am overreacting, but I still would rather cry about it. My poor husband has learned to put up with it and give a listening ear, hug, and most often a funny joke so I do the laugh/cry.Today I had one about something stupid and reading more into a situation than necessary. I started crying pretty hard and Emery thought it was funny and started laughing at me and making funny faces. Thanks, baby. I needed that.
9 comments:
Here's another winner: There is this guy who walks into a bar and notices a man 12 inches tall playing the piano. He asks what it is all about and the barman tells him he'll tell him later.
So he asks the barman for a drink and the barman says,
'Before you get your drink you get to rub the magic beer bottle and make a wish.'
'OK,' says the guy.
He goes to the bottle and rubs it and, boom, out comes a genie, who says,
'You have one wish.'
The man thinks about it and then wishes for a million bucks. A cloud of smoke fills the room and when the smoke clears there are a million ducks crowding the bar.
He tells the barman,
'Hey, I didn't want a million ducks.'
The barman replies, 'You think I wanted a 12-inch pianist?'
hilarious hun. Thanks.
I hate it when that happens! Sorry you had one of those moments, I hate crying and I do it more than I would like. Ask Sean.
And nice joke BA, I will remember that the next time I lose it.
Allison Howard! How are ya! Nice to see your blog and what you are up to. How fun it must be to be done with school and moving. I understand the rickety old house thing, trust me! Hang in there, life gets better from here on out! YEAH!
ANH, we are on the same page. I just finished my breakdown to Jared! Then we watched the Office which helped. Nice joke Brian. Once it started I just new this was a joke that Jared would send and appreciate. Oh Men!
This is an unfortunate thing for girls. Once we start throwing tantrums around age 2 we never seem to quite stop throwing them...
The drugs that I take to help me be a "nice" mom take away most of the breakdowns for me, but they still happen, occasionally. It is usually then that Max or Charlie will give me a kiss and hug to make it all better. I love that they try to make it all better.
Allison Howard! It's so fun to see everyones blogs on here! I understand the moving thing, totally excited, but still nostalgic. You'll look back on it and cherish the times! Oh and yes I am such a cryer! What is it with us women? I actually did the bawl thing just this morning! Ha ha, fun times!
It's good to know others have emotional break downs- we have all been there. Plus, sometimes crying over is a great way to purge all those feelings of anxiety and hurt out, you know? At least your hubby jokes around, mine just gets scared. One of those guys who doesn't know what to do when a girl cries. Maybe it is good we don't have any daughters!
Post a Comment