Thursday, June 14, 2007

Feeling uninspired...

...and a little bit melancholy. Maybe it is because I have a sad sad child who is cutting new teeth and just crying and not being herself. It makes me so sad because she won't eat and there is little I can do besides give her Motrin and Popsicles (which is the only source of a smile in the last 2 days). Or maybe it is because I am a little bit stressed and anxious to move. I know, I have been talking about it for the last several weeks that you people are probably thinking..."she hasn't moved yet?" I am stressed about work because it is just one of those times when everything falls in your lap at once. I am anxious to move the heck out of my crappy house, and I am soooo anxious to see my family. I am sad that I didn't fit in all the things I wanted to do while we lived in OR and I am very sad to leave friends.

Why is it that it took 3 years to really feel like I have friends in this place and now I am going to move away and have to start all over. It is weird because I have always looked forward to getting a fresh start and thinking life can only get better with the next stage of life. I moved a lot as a child and so I was used to change and new beginnings. I often preferred them because if things weren't going exactly the way I liked, I only imagined that the next place would give me the chance to start over and make everything perfect. I still feel excited for a fresh start...but now I am getting nostalgic over the memories and relationships built during our time here in Eugene. I think I have grown a lot as a person, wife, sister, daughter, mother. But I still have such a long long way to go.

Anyway...sorry this was all just a rant from a wife with no tv to watch, a hubbie gone golfing and a baby in bed early. Plus I couldn't go more than 2 days without a post...the addict in me couldn't allow it.

12 comments:

Sammy Pow said...

I think cable will solve all of our problems. Don't stop believin'

Chelsea said...

I moved a lot too growing up, and I always felt that way (that in the next palce you could start over and be whoever you want).

But, I do sorta dread the Eugene move because I kinda like who I am right now and don't really feel like starting over again.

Ilene said...

Poor Emery. If it makes you feel any better, Thomas has been up to some sort of nonsense at night. I blame it on teething but I am afraid I don't see any teeth coming in.

I too am so bummed about leaving when I finally feel I have a group of girlfriends that I feel comfortable calling up to watch a movie or take with me glasses shopping! It is such a bummer and I dread having to make new friends. Will it take as long? And well, I don't particularly want new friends. I like my old ones just fine thank you very much.

Your husband is right, though. Cable or a satellite dish will help the transition process. And blogging too! There is no moving out of the internet, right?

Mandee said...

We only moved 2 miles away and I bawled like a baby. Sometimes I still shed a tear. I miss my neighbors- the ones next door to us (on both sides!)were the BEST!

Cheer up Ali. Cable will solve those lonely "I need a friend or sister" nights, and motrin should help Emery. I hate it when my kids hurt. When do you move?

Alifinale said...

June 28 we pack everything up and we will drive to vegas the 29 and 30. I am really dreading that drive...but that might be a-whole-nother blog.

Mandee, you did have great neighbors! I am sure that was a difficult move.

Jill said...

Good luck on the move! And think, you will be closer to family and you already have a couple frieds that live in Las Vegas already right?! Moving is a pain, and there is no way of getting around that. I have moved every 6 months for the past 2 1/2 years. I HATE IT! But now that I actually have furniture and kitchen stuff and random junk, I am really dreading the next time we have to pack our stuff up again. Anyway, I saw pictures of the house you might rent. So cute! Just try and think about all the exciting things you have in store for you:)

Tara said...

Remember I'll watch the Emers, while you guys do the dirty work! :) Seriously though call me if you need help. You are such a great friend. I am going to miss you!

Summertime Designs said...

ANH - I am sorry that you are in a lurch. If only you lived in Tucson (heaven forbid you would want to do THAT!) we'd scheme up some fun things to do!

Teething is so awful. You just want to help the poor dearest and yet you want a break at the same time!

I know moving is tough too. Especially with a little one. And I'm sorry that work is difficult too.

Okay, June 29, that's two weeks left. You need to let your hubby watch Emery and you should just go get a pedicure! (And bring a friend so you have someone to talk to!!!)

You're doing great! Hold on a little longer! The good times are just around the corner!

Summer

Summertime Designs said...

Whoa, I left a long comment!

Brianne said...

Cable does help, but it won't solve all your worries. Trust that you are a great friend and any friends that find you are lucky to have you. I'm sorry I didn't really get to know you better, but I'm so glad that I have met you and been able to visit with you. You are such a cheery, loving, giving person. I am going to miss you Allison. Please remember us Oregon Friends and don't move away from the internet. Blogspot Forever!! :) j/k

Emily said...

Hey Alison! Oh how I can relate! I'm sorry Emery isn't feeling well. Dang teeth...that's what I have been saying every day for the past month. Who is this baby? NOT MINE! It sucks to have to think about making new friends when we just became happy with the ones we had! You girls are all awesome and HOPEFULLY we will see you in Vegas. Your husband is so right about the cable thing though...and DVR...oh man, it's a whole new world. I didn't know you were leaving so soon. For sure I'll give you a call while I'm in town. I know you'll be busy, but you can make time for me, right? Right??

{lizzythebotanist} said...

that's always how it goes- right when it's time to leave is about the time you feel fully adjusted and comfortable where you're at. i'm there now...i finally have met and like some people in my ward, i'm totally settled into work, and i've almost got my house to where i love it. go figure, huh? good luck with the move-can't wait to see you guys!