Friday, October 31, 2008

Happy Halloween!

Playgroup Halloween Party on Wednesday - sad to say this is the best pic I got of the two of them. Bride looking like she is about ready to toss that bouquet so she can join the other kids with more important things.

Like riding bikes and playing with Elephants. The bouquet was pretty tired anyway.Then last night was our ward party. My costume didn't turn out as I had envisioned but I did find at my mom's an old bridesmaid dress I wore for a sister's wedding back in '93. Shoulder pads rule.I was too busy conducting the Cake Walk and passing out candy to take any other pictures. Even if I did they all looked like this. Emery had a blast running around, sneaking cupcakes and trick-or-treating. She kept saying "We're having such a fun day!"

The parties were fun but now I am ready to stay home, pass out candy and maybe watch a scary movie. Hope you have a Happy Halloween!

17 comments:

Beeta said...

How are all of you so creative? I don't even want/need to have kids because I can live vicariously through you guys. JK. My poor kids will be ghosts in a white sheet every year or something. They look so darling... and you don't look so bad yourself-shoulder pads and all! Love ya!

Sheri Lee said...

ok, the funny thing is, I totally remember thinking that dress was sooo pretty and being so jealous of you for having it! That's awesome!

Kara said...

Emery and Sage looked so cute together. Sage looks like an Ann Geddes model, like she belongs in a flower pot or something like that. I love how you coordinated with them for a family theme (shoulder pads and all)!

Tara said...

That is the cutest little freakin bouquet I have ever seen (you know I am serious when I use freakin).

oh and I love the 80's bridesmaid dress. Hilarious!

Happy Halloween!!

Melanie said...

That's honestly one of the best costume combo ideas I've ever heard of. And it turned out so cute -- especially that bouquet, it's darling! I'm impressed that you still fit something you wore in 1993!

Christi said...

Like everyone said, you had awesome costumes!!!! Glad that the ward party was fun!

Mandee said...

Ali- love your bridesmaid dress! Your girls are so cute! Love the bouquet costume!

Lizzy said...

That bridesmaid dress is great. I love the crimped hair. The bride and bouquet were cute, too!

{lizzythebotanist} said...

don't you hate that kids can't take pictures? i just got stinking lucky this year, but all the pictures i tried to get for myself didn't work out. sage's bouquet turned out great-i like the bunting. and nice shoulder pads! your hair is awesomely early 90's-good call. it's all in the details...

Jami Baker said...

I love it all! You are so dang cute and you have the cutest girls. Bridemaid dress was way too cute too. I wish I could have come to the brunch with you guys! It looked like fun.

bulkleybunch said...

adi, i must say, you're holding your own in the halloween department. sage is the cutest thing ever. i love that she's a bouquet!! i love that you are a bridesmaid. soo fun. my kids rebelled and wouldn't put on their costumes. the little nightmares!! love you. happy halloween!!!

The Scotts said...

You are adorable! I love that you can still fit in it. Oh how I love the dresses in your Mom's closet!!! Fun times with good memories and videos!

Caryn said...

The fact that you can still wear a dress from 93 makes me hate you a little.

Emily S. said...

LOVE it all! And your dress is a bit 90's, but impressive you still fit it!!

Love the flower hat!

Birchall Family said...

You are so creative! I love the outfits. You guys all looked so cute.

Bringhursts said...

Oh my gosh. I totally have that same dress you wore as your bridesmaid costume but I wear it for real. I'll have to crimp my hair the next time I wear it because it looks great with the peachness of the dress.

Mary said...

That is a funny pic of the bride and bouquet. Glad the bouquet didn't seem to mind too much.

And how are you fitting into a dress from 1993? Girl, you are timeless.