Recently, my blogging world has exploded. I discovered some blogs of friends from high school. I was so excited to be able to find out what they have been up to. With each blog came more links to other blogs and I started snooping around looking at everyone's cute families! The blogging world got even smaller as a close family friend got linked to one of my best friends through a mutual friend in Chicago (here's the story). Then more of my good friends started blogging. And now I am obsessed. I find it hard to get any work done as I just love jumping from blog to blog.So, I will admit that upon first moving to Eugene I had a hard time adjusting. I like to say I had SADDS with all the rain, but really I am a person who needs friends & family. I didn't know anyone when we first moved here and I was gung-ho to make some new friends. I found that more diffucult than I imagined. Why is it so easy to make friendly acquaintances but so hard to get to that real friendship? Now that we are approaching the end to our little Eugene stop, I like to look back on our last 3 years. I think it has been a great learning experience and a wonderful opportunity for my husband & I to get closer and really rely on eachother. And I think that blogging has helped me find new friends, find old friends, and I hope will help me stay in touch with all of them.
16 comments:
Hi Alison, funny you posted about catching up with old friends! I found your blog through Shanon's. I don't think I've seen you since we were both living in Utah and going to all the dances and parties with Kendee! It's good to see you, your little girl is adorable. How fun to catch up and see everyone's families and lives now. My blog is http://thebetheas.blogspot.com.
Take care, Ami Bethea (Cook)
Ali..Hi its Summer! I was so happy to get your message. I am in love with blogging too! Jenna told me to start and now I am so glad because I can talk to friends that I haven't seen since highschool! I love the message you wrote about it! It is funny because last night I was on Jenna's blog and then I went to yours and wrote a whole thing to you and then my computer shut off..so now while all THREE kids are sleeping I get to write again! I am so excited to keep in touch with you!!
I love you ANH! I started blogging thanks to you! So thanks for starting the trend because I love catching up with everyone! Thanks for starting it and waiting patiently for us all to start!
You know that I just started blogging yesturday, and I am loving everyones blogs, but I told Shan that I felt a little stalker-ish looking at blogs, but know I feel better because you just call it snooping, and you're the pro, so I'll take you word for it! Love ya, Amy
Alison, this is Lynsey (Woolf) Evans from high school. I found your blog while "snooping". It has been fun to see links from other pepole we went to high school with and see how their lives are going. Your little girl is super cute!
What a happy blog! You, Liz, and Tara got me into the blogging world. It took me a year to get going because I was so intimidated by you three! However, blogging lets me have an outlet to "chat" with pals outside my little house (other than Bunko!). I am definitely going to rely on it more once we move too!
I totally agree! I was just talking with some of the girls here and we were saying how you can get hooked on the blogs forever! It's addicting and so fun to see what everyone is up to and to have found so many friends from high school! It makes you feel like your involved somewhat in their lives and know them much better from blogging.
Alison, I totally feel the same way. It took me a couple of years to really like D.C. and now I look back on it with the fondest of memories but now just moving to Idaho and starting up with finding new friends all over again and not having family (which isn't anything new) gets a little lonely at times- especially Sundays!!! Anyway- It's also brightened my day to find and reconnect with friends- ones I really like and have the same interests with- (I've found thats hard to come by now-a-days.) Plus reading everyone's blog and seeing how great everybody is doing makes me want to be a better person- a better friend- a better Mom. So ditto again.
Ali this blog is very profound. I completely agree that it made us better friends! And I'm happy about that.
P.S. I hate you for posting that picture of my fat face though. UGH!
Wow Ali! Look at all of these people you have brought together! I am also fairly new to the blogging world and am liking it more and more. And yes, it can become very time consuming at work. Just be sure never to write about your work....I made that mistake and my boss found my blog and read it. Bad news.
Thanks for stealing my blog idea. Kidding...
I'm so glad we became friends! You and Tara... I'm gonna miss you guys!
Hey Miss Alison. It's Chelsey Grace from long ago. Good to see what you've been up to and it's nice to know that I'm not the only one obsessed with TV. All my love to you! (and to Briant--if you talk to him soon!)
Thanks guys! I am glad to know I am not the only one snoopin! It is so fun to find new friends!
Alison!! I can't believe it. I found you on Amy's blog. YOu have such a darling family. I bumped into your mom awhile ago right before you had your little baby girl. She said that you were in Eugene. What a fun adventure! I am so glad that I found you. Your little Emery is adorable. Aren't girls so fun? love lots... Rachel
Hi Alison...great post. Its crazy when you move away and all of a sudden you feel so disconnected. It has been funny because someone will post something and it will make me think of such great times we have all had together! My mom's favorite memory of you is when you would always do the coffee talk skit from Saturday night live. ha ha! She still talks about it when I bring you up. :)
Awww....thanks for the props. Let us know if you guys are ever in Utah-we can all hang out.
Post a Comment