I know everyone has pet peeves when it comes to comments people make about their children (I am assuming I am not alone in this). I know that I shouldn't care at all - but for some reason I get irritated everytime someone says that my little girl looks so sleepy. "Ah...somone is about to fall asleep" or "It looks like it is someone's naptime". Nope it's not, Grrr... Everytime I go to the grocery store or church or anywhere someone makes a comment about my ch

ild's sleepy eyes. Now don't get me wrong, I think my child has beautiful eyes. I, of course, think she is gorgeous. But... she did inherit her dads eyes (she is basically my husband's twin) and he used to get comments about how his eyes look like he is weeping (or something similar that would translate from chinese). As an infant my brother-in-law used to say she always looked stoned. The problem is...I can't argue with this.


Here's some pictures from the other night with some of Emery's friends and she is showing off her stoned face. I guess I just have to get over it. People will say stupid things and they're right, she usually does look sleepy.
18 comments:
We probably should have thought twice about free-basing when Emery was conceived. That may have something to do with it...
I love the "helpful" comments. My one-year-old has Seth's eyes. Seth was mistaken on his mission (Germany) for an asian man so I know this well.
I don't think she looks sleepy at all. I love her eyes!! You are just drawn to them. She is adorable!!
My mother-in-law actually bought my daughter an Asian doll because her eyes look a little Asian! My daughter has my husband's eyes and his mom called him her little Chinese boy when he was little. I really don't mind people saying she has Chinese eyes though. The worst was with myself growing up, I tend to get dark circles under my eyes quite easily and my piano teacher once asked me if I had been in a fight. Nope, just tired. Thanks though.
She's such a doll! Looks like she and Benny are a match made in heaven!
Alison I just found your blog! She is adorable and her eyes are too. Why do random people always comment on other peoples kids? Braden cut his hair in front really short and everyone comments on it, another week or so and I will buzz it but come on he is 4, he likes sissors!
sometimes things are just hard to ignore and people feel awkward if they don't point them out. but who gives a shit, she's cute so leave it at that.
She looks adorable, but I know what you're saying about the comments. The comment I *always* get is how serious Anna is. People at church always ask her what she's thinking about. Probably nothing.
Well, welcome buddens and anonymous. Except I don't so much appreciate the swearing.(this is a family site). So great to have you Caryn! Fun times. I am glad to hear I am not alone with the dumb commments and it is always nice to have others admire my kid. So thanks!
Jaclyn, Emery is kind of serious too. She just stares at people, thus they think she is sleepy.
Man, that boy sitting next to Emers is cute. What a handsome little boy.
Emery is cute. I have never thought she looked sleepy...but now that you mention it... Kidding.
I never thought she looked sleepy but I wouldn't be surprised if I asked you one time or another if she was. I know I have told you how adorable she is and that is what I notice first! Everyone comments or rudely whispers about the size of Jackson's head. Yes, it is large but he has a big brain and when his hair is long, the afro (sp?) just enhances his head's bigness. I love his big head.
Man, a kid can't be laid back without being accused of being stoned. I think she just looks content (and hopefully that has nothing to do with marijuana in her bottles).
Hey Happy Birthday yesterday!! I thought about you all day and kept meaning to call you last night but then I had Bunko and totally forgot! I'm sorry. HAPPY 27th BIRTHDAY ANH!!! Love your hair, hope you win!
Nate gets the same thing- all the time. Tired or Stoned and every picture he takes supports it. I prefer to think he looks "Sexy".
i now know how you feel. everyone keeps telling me lately that nash is fussy. i beg to differ, but i guess everyone is entitled to their opinions. plus, can you blame the kid if he is? he spends half his days at work with mommy! how fun can that be?!
I hear the same thing from everyone! It is so funny you wrote about it. It is seriously annoying! I even hear it at times I KNOW they are not tired. Some people really bug. Another one I get is...are they identical (asking about my twins)? Come on, it is a boy and a girl. It is impossible dumby!
love the pink panties, love the pink that is under them too baby is best
Post a Comment