Monday, March 19, 2007

I love Baby Einstein

Baby Einstein is heaven sent. My love for this multi-million dollar franchise began several years ago when watching my sister's two kids for a week I found that I could make dinner or shower or other things if I just popped in one of the many little videos made by Baby Einstein. I thought, this is pretty great and you don't feel as bad for sticking the kid in front of the TV because it is supposed to be good for their development.

The love only grew as I had my own child and found that I could use baby einstein the same way as I did for my neices. Also, I work at home half the time and Baby Mozart allowed me to devote a full 30 min of my baby's awake time to quality work time as well. As she grew we introduced more videos (that I rented from the library). Since we discovered Emery loves Baby Einstein as much as we did...we bought a 12 pack for her birthday. Her very favorite is Baby MacDonald and it was so cute as she would clapping and singing EE-I-EE-I.

Today, I thank my lucky stars again for Baby Einstein as my baby girl has been sick with a cold the last couple days. She is snotty and grumpy and driving me nuts! I can't get any work done - so I turn on Baby MacDonald and....ah....peace and quiet with a Moo Moo here and there. I try to be a good mom and limit one video per day. But maybe today we will put it on repeat play.

7 comments:

The Scotts said...

Amen!

Lizzy said...

I gotta borrow Baby Mozart from ya... just like I borrow everything else. What am I going to do after May?!

{lizzythebotanist} said...

are you kidding me? i was just sitting down to blog because nash is preoccupied with baby mozart and i was thinking about blogging about my love for baby einstein! and here you beat me to it....bizarre. but it is a beautiful thing!

Alifinale said...

Great minds think alike! Liz, after May you will probably cry alot for missing me so much. I feel really bad for you.

Sammy Pow said...

I just don't get what you're supposed to do with kids all day. I mean, they're fun to play with for a second, but holy heck do they get needy. I couldn't get anything done if it weren't for naps and Baby Einstein. Emery needs to learn to entertain her self a little more. Are we to blame? Probably.

Ilene said...

I remember discovering Baby Einstein when Jackson was 2 months or so. It was an answer to my prayers and I used to bear my testimony about Baby Einstein to my friends- that is how much I loved it. I think the Baby Motzart DVD is a major contributing factor in my surviving those first months of motherhood.

King Family said...

Baby Einstein is great. I love the take off "Little Einsteins" on the Disney Channel. BTW are you going to write a Lost recap?