-my belly button being an "inny"
-being able to breath through my nose.
-not having to hold myself everytime I cough or sneeze because otherwise I will pee my pants.
-sleeping without the aid of tylenol, benedryl, robotussin, sudafed, or some combination. And even with their aid still getting up several times to use the toilet, blow my nose, cough until I throw up or just needing to get up because I hurt so much that I need a new round of drugs.
-my child sleeping in until 8 and taking a 3 hour nap, instead of waking up at 7 and taking an hour nap.
-food tasting the way it should.
-things smelling normal - either being able to smell when I am not sick or not being able to smell every poopy diaper in a square mile when I am not pregnant.
-not needing to take a nap all day long - because even with the need not getting the chance or not being able to.
-not feeling like someone punched me in the stomach each time I bend over.
-having something good to watch on TV and when that good thing is on, not falling asleep at 9 and missing it.
-not being sick and pregnant.
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
23 comments:
I'm so glad to hear you feel all those things already! Not really, for your sake, but I'm about a week ahead of you and was feeling like I was crazy because I am already so uncomfortable. I thought maybe I was just being a wimp because I don't remember feeling this way until much later with the last pregnancy, especially the sleep stuff. Anyway, I hear ya!
You sound miserable. Wish I could help you out. When the naps become shorter, that is a sad, sad day. Hope you feel better soon!!!
Man, mine was born over a year ago and I STILL have to cross my legs so I don't pee my pants! Sounds like I'm doomed for life.
Just remember, MOST of those things are going to very shortly go away. And then you'll have another pretty little baby to distract you (most of the time) from the ones that haven't. :)
ha ha. you got it that bad this time around too? geeze...i'm sorry! the sleep thing just hit me a few days ago and i think i could literally sleep all day. there's no way in hell i'm making nash go down to one nap a day until i can myself! ha. sorry i gave you my cold...that's probably not helping anything either...
Sorry you're feeling so crummy! It's not fair to be tired all day and yet not be able to sleep at night. Why is that? I hope those drugs work! I took Tylenol PM almost every night of my pregnancy. I loved the stuff!
I hope you start feeling better.....A bunch of that stuff unfortunately does not go away until that baby comes out. Hang in there! I hated the fact that I couldn't ever breath through my nose, too! It disrupted my sleep and you have this big mound in the way so you pretty much just are awake all through the night! Good luck, I wish you were here or I was there and I could help take Emery during the day so you could relax and nap!
Ali, you're going to die when I tell you this, but I dread my internship sooo much that I told Libby to cough in my face because I wanted to get sick so I couldn't go to work. I know I'm some kind of crazy, huh? As it turns out I am STILL not sick which is really weird for me because I am always sick this time of year. Anyway, it sounds like I should just be happy to be healthy right now. I am so sorry you're sick!
holy cow you poor kid! and just so you know, if i was at all considering getting pregnant again soon... your list totally convinced me otherwise! oh how I so don't miss the perils of pregnancy!
hope you start feeling better soon!!
Oh the joys of being prego! I don't get very sick when I am preg but I can smell everything! And everything smells so gross, and people smell like pickles to me, I wanna throw up just thinking about it! I hope it gets better, that will be in july! Good luck!
Stay with me, girl. You still got a long way to go! But I feel for you because sometimes pregnancy feels like your body is being held hostage by aliens.
Sounds like you don't feel well. And, may I comment on how Emery can count to 10! Holy cow! Last, I saw her she couldn't even talk.
It's about stinking time you did some complaining. I LOVE to hear the complaints.
I am sick of the stuffy factor and drool factor. And the fat factor. I am not cute pregnant yet. I am at the Golly-she-has-been-visiting-the-ice-cream-aisle-hard sort of pregnant. It's not pretty.
How do kids know when we are under the weather...I swear, that's when they start not sleeping, napping, becoming clingy. Im so sorry...you really need to take Emery to my house, I haven't had a turn yet.
sucks to be you! seriously not jealous right now. love you! sorry, just think, you only have 4+ months and then you'll really get no sleep.
Ok, Emily, quick hacking my blogging account...please. The above BA post was not the true BA.
I'm so sorry! It shouldn't be allowed to get the flu while you are prego...its just not fair! Love Emery's counting! Get better soon!
I'm so sorry! It shouldn't be allowed to get the flu while you are prego...its just not fair! Love Emery's counting! Get better soon!
I'm so sorry but glad it's you and not me!!! I don't miss any of it at all. Just think about how great it is immedialtey after. I remember getting up to go to the bathroom right after I had Lily and I bent over and I could bend! It felt so nice. Good times good times.
This is a cute post. Luckily everyone reading can totally feel your pain!! I'm comforted knowing I'm not the only one feeling awful. Hang in there! You'll get there soon enough (although I know it feels like FOREVER away).
ps-I forgot to mention that I am very impressed Emery can count to ten. She just turned 2!!!!!!
You forgot to mention being sick of not being able to sleep on your stomach!
Hope you're feeling better. Emery's counting is adorable. Gavin's has morphed into "1-6-7-8-9-10!" I keep trying to convince him that he's missed a few, but he doesn't believe me.
Thank you so much for the reminder that it's Ok not to be currently pregnant. (I'm so baby hungry again). I completely forget about all that stuff and only think about the wonderful baby that I get at the end. Hope you feel better soon!
There should be a cosmic law that states you are allowed to be one or the other, either sick OR pregnant. Both is just not fair!!!
Love this post!!!
Post a Comment