
It came a little early and just in the nick of time...
On Saturday as I was doing the Saturday chores of cleaning the house (letting Brian off the hook since it was his birthday weekend) I was chatting with my mom and Brian says "Go get the FedEx delivery." Seeing that he didn't have a shirt on I obliged and signed my name while still acting like I was listening to my mom talk. The delivery person said, here is your vacuum. Hmmm...I don't remember ordering a vacuum but sure enough that is our name on the box. So, I went upstairs and said something to Brian and he said "Oh, it came. Happy Valentine's Day" I told my mom I would have to call her back. Fortunately, I hadn't vacuumed yet.
Now, I am not like many women who get offended with gifts like vacuums - I was very excited and pleased the BA remembered my complaints about how crappy and stinky was our old vacuum. So, he went and ordered a Dyson. Woohoo!
Now we can enjoy our day of love with very clean floors.
22 comments:
Seriously, Valentine's Day just wouldn't be romantic if you had un-vacuumed floors. I think that's the sweetest vacuum I've ever seen, and I love the color of it.
A also love that it was a surprise. Very good job, BA.
I think any gift is romantic on Valentine's. So glad your hubby loves you enough to get you something to make your life easier when you clean! Hope you are still loving it!
A real Dyson?!? Dude, you are one lucky gal!
that's HOT.
I have a friend who always wanted a nice flat screen TV for her kitchen, but was mad when her husband got it for her for Valentine's Day last year. Really? What is wrong with her?!! I am so excited for you and your new vacuum! And I also think it's a very thoughtful gift!
Sometimes practical gifts make the best gifts! I remember years ago John coming home with a surprise swiffer. I thought I'd died and gone to Heaven. A vacuum is even better! And to think he remembered you talking about it. Must be love...
Holy Crap I am so jealous!!!!! I want a Dyson so badly! Jared's whole family owns them and swears by them! I'll be Brian's valentine if he buys me one!!
That is awesome! I love that he just surprised you with it. Brian did very good.
Hey Alison,
I have that same vacuum. LOV IT!!!
Lisa
Hey Alison,
I have that same vacuum. LOVE IT!!!
Lisa
I am jealous! My vacuum is on the fritz right now. I am using the hose to vacuum. Too bad my hubbie is too cheap for a Dyson. Maybe a nice Hoover !!!
That is a great gift. I LOVE my dyson. You will be amazed with it. How thoughful of your husband,
Watch out Mr. Darcy. There's a new Romance Sheriff in town!
Nice! The romantic part is that he listened to you and paid attention to what would make you happy. We're all about practical gifts around here too. A few Valentine's Days ago I got Michel a set of Henckels knives. Nothing says I love you quite like a knife, eh? And for you ... flowers die, but a vacuum is forever (or at least a good ten years).
I'm jealous! I need a new vacuum too. You'll have to tell me how you like it and maybe my honey will get me one for V-day too.
So Sexy!!
Know what is sexier than a Dyson?
Your husband using the Dyson around the apartment while you sit on the couch and eat chocolate covered strawberries.
Now THAT is sexy.
What an excellent gift! I actually got a Dyson for Christmas and I'm in love! I can't believe the difference it really does make to have a NICE vacuum. Happy cleaning!
I feel like I should clarify...Brian actually does quite a bit of vacuuming (it isn't my favorite chore). So, while he doesn't care about the vacuum, he will be getting good use out of this too.
I ended up with a vacuum as a Mother's day present. I had thought my old one was working pretty well. I was wrong. Nothing says I love you more than clean floors and a clean bathroom!!! Way to go Brian. I am just impressed he got a present--and thought about it ahead of time. Not 10 minutes before the store is closing. That's how I get my stuff. It's not as though he doesn't have 364 days to think about it. I actually stopped expecting anything so I would no longer be disappointed. Once again KUDOS to Brian.
OK, I think you have more comments on this one post than I've ever had on my entire blog :) popular gal! Anyway, I wanted to give you the link to our blog - http://hillersinvegas.blogspot.com - I am so excited you are in YW now, and I want to get to know you and your fam better. Our blogs are a quick introduction :) Oh, and my hubbie turned 30 on Feb 1 - almost the same day :)
Ok that is hilarious. I seriously can't quit laughing! Freakin sweet V-day gift!
As long as the hubbs is listening that makes the gift all the more romantic! Congrats on the new little cleaning friend!
Post a Comment