Monday, February 11, 2008

Sunshine, Lollipops...

and rainbows...Everything is wonderful....! (ok, that was all I could remember from a song my older sister used to sing in Sunshine Singers when she was like 6). But that is how I feel today for 2 reasons.

1. The weather here is BEAUTIFUL!! It is warming up and no wind to blow us away. We can go to the park in a T-shirt and not be too hot or too cold. I just want to picnic and play outside all day long.
Oh and maybe you are wondering about what a blogging freak I am...I went to the park today with a friend and forgot my camera (seems like I have been doing that a LOT lately) so after Emery's nap I took her back to the park for the sole purpose of having pictures to post on my blog. I am pathetic.

2. The writer's strike is OVER!!! Ok, maybe not officially yet, but that is all the buzz and I can't wait. I hope they get their butt back to work and it better be good for making an addict like me wait and watch crappy reality shows.

Happy day! Let's celebrate and go back to the park!

14 comments:

Emily said...

You are not pathetic...smart I'd say. Those pics were totally worth the second trip!

I am SO happy about the strike being over. I hope the writers haven't been gone too long, and that they're stuff doesn't suck at first. Oh well, it can't be worse than tv now.

Emery is so cute at the park...I love to watch her play.

R Family said...

I am so jealous!!! The sun came out 2 days in a row here and everyone is freaking out about it...so pathetic. I can't wait to have park days again and say goodbye to the snow and hibernation.

Jenn said...

Yes, I totally agree about the great weather here. It is so perfect to go outside-I just wish it would stay this way all through July.

Laurel said...

Totally not pathetic. I always feel like no one will want to read what I have to say unless there is some phenomenal picture of my family to showcase.

And I'm COMPLETELY jealous of your beautiful weather! I was excited we broke 40 degrees today... Boo. You HAVE made me very anxious for spring, though.

As always, your picture of Emery are adorable!

Caryn said...

YEAH YEAH NO MORE STRIKE!!!

Whew I am tired from being so excited for new real non reality shows...

YEAH!!! Oh and the weather here is getting too good too fast, tomorrow is gonna be 80! Agh! I wish we would slow down to spring temps atleast before sliding into the pre summer ones!!!!

kim said...

I'm sure Emery was very pleased you forgot your camera. As for the rest of us, it's always good to see her cute little face in a smile. I envy you your warm weather now, but not in a little bit.

I will be glad the strike is over. I am finding cheesy Hallmark movies to watch, or watching reruns of the Food Network. I can once again take control of the DVR and delete Dora, Care Bears and The Wiggles.

Tara said...

T-shirts at the park in February? Good times! Well I am excited to bask in that kind of weather next year!!

Ok and I think it is hilarious that you took Emers back to the park just for pictures. I love it! Where in the world do you get the energy?

bulkleybunch said...

i hate you. utah sucks. emery is the cutest ever. i'm so jealous. i'm in my house and i have on a jacket and i still have goosebumps from freezing. nightmare.

Christi said...

I love this weather. It is awesome! I love the pictures of Emery, she looks so happy to be outside.
I too am glad about the writer's strike. It is about time!!!!!

lisset said...

Isn't it awesome to live in a warm environment and get the sun before everyone else. Its been beautiful in the george too- I so don't miss the snow. Sunny days are here again...

Lizzy said...

Those things are great! The weather has been great here, too! Not quite t-shirt weather, but jacket weather. It's nice to get outside for at least a little while.

And I'm so excited for tv to be back in business! My life is not the same without it...

Brooke said...

Can't wait for the strike to be over!

Bringhursts said...

Your dedication to blogging is awesome! Way to take one for the team and go back to the park just for pictures. I love it.

Kendee said...

You are a bucket of sunshine! I hope the strike really is over... I feel like I have no real recreation to my day and I am going NUTS! I want to live with you in the sunny Vegas land. Enjoy it enough for the both of us.