Sunday, January 04, 2009

Ring out the old, bring in the new

It's January 4th and I am just now coming to terms that the holidays are over and it is in fact 2009. I think this time of year can be depressing to take down all the decorations, stop the Holiday music, say goodbye to family, and go back to real life. But it is also a good time of reflection and resolutions. So here it goes:

Top Ten Memories from 2008
10. Celebrating my hubbie's big 3-0!
9. Finally going to the vacation house.
8. Witnessing my first c-section and welcoming baby Haven.
7. My 10 year high school reunion. Even if I was 20 months pregnant - it was worth it for the good times.
6. Two Year Old Milestone - goodbye diapers, crib and hair.
5. Lots of visitors and trips to visit family.
4. Hangin' out by the pool nearly everyday - and pool parties.
3. Mexico. I want to go back and this time not have to dig a hole for my big belly!
2. Watching Emery meltdown in her first dance recital.
1. Finally done with being pregnant and adding Sage to our little family.

Top Ten Anticipations for 2009
10. Getting off my lazy butt and exercising (if we ever get our Christmas present).
9. Girls weekend - boy, do I need it!
8. Aspen Grove this summer
7. Building better relationships - my hubbie, kids, and family/friends.
6. Emery going to preschool this fall.
5. Watching Sage go through major first year milestones - crawling, walking, talking, scrunchy-face.
4. Following through. I may not master this in 2009 but I hope to do better in finishing projects and accomplishing goals.
3. Balance - trying to find it and manage it in all that I do.
2. Going to NYC to visit friends.
1. Buying a house!

Now it's official. Happy New Year!!!

13 comments:

bulkleybunch said...

i loved that top ten of 2008, i might copy you! my favorite 09 resolution is that of the new house. that is soooo exciting and i can't wait to come and visit you and stay with you!!! invited or not! love you!

bulkleybunch said...

ps great new background, everyone seems to be doing this, but not me. that's not the way i roll(because i have no clue how to) :)

{lizzythebotanist} said...

WTF? I let you see my innerds and it only get's the #8 spot on the best of 08 list? what does a SIL gotta do?!?!

bri bri showed us the house you're looking at and we had a blast last night looking at what we can get here in SLC for the same money. it's a freaking joke-you're in a GOOD place! plus with a pool there's a good chance you'll have visitors ALL the time!

The Scotts said...

Those were all good highlights. I think the best one is not being pregnant! And you looked adorable at the reunion! Great goals for 2009! Love ya!

Emily said...

Um, what house? Or do I have to show you my innerds to be able to see it?

Jenna{Mommy in Manhattan} said...

your goals sound like they should be mine too! I love your highlights list. May have to steal that idea. It is so hard to manage everything! I'm a crazy lady half the time! Happy 2009!!

Sheri Lee said...

Good post. I also get sad when it's time to take the decorations down. They just make me so happy I am sad to see them go!

rochelle said...

I with everyone else. Great idea on the Top Ten List! How exciting to be getting ready to buy a house. Are you building it, or is it an existing house?

Jaclyn said...

Emerey's meltdown video was also one of my personal favorites. Such a classic!

Kendee said...

Great recap and foreshadowing. Why don't we make Mexico a tradition? I am thinking about going to AZ for a trip at the end of March, are you in?

Jill said...

I am flattered that we made the list! Hope to see you here soon!!!

Beeta said...

Yay for a house. I can only dream/imagine how exciting that is for you guys! That is quite the list - what a busy year. Love you, miss you!

s.lloyd said...

I'm so glad that you prioritized your list correctly. I would have liked to see NYC in the #1 spot, but I'll settle for 2nd. Please keep us updated on the housing search as well as the snaggle teeth. I'm interested to see what happens there.