I know, I know I am not really that old...but I fear I am starting to show my years. I guess growing up as the youngest in my family I have the mentality that I am younger than most everyone. Even in Brian's family (Brian is the 2nd of 5) I forget that I am older than some of his siblings. In my mind, I am still 18. I sometimes feel I am too young to be a mom, even though I have friends that have 3 , holy cow! I am too young to grow up and be done with school and have my husband start a real career. I am too young to have to worry about mortgages, bills, insurance, sick kiddos (and all the other worry that comes with being a mom), savings, and retirement.But what brought this all to mind is my face. I have often been told I look young for my age, as did my mom and dad. I knew that was a good gene to have even if it did make me angry when I was 16 and people thought I was 12. However, all my days without sunscreen and just my years of not taking very good care of my skin are catching up to me (I still think I look WAY better with some sun on my face and I haven't been scared enough into not wanting that). The bags that are under my eyes are getting way worse and I almost can't look at a picture of me. I am getting more wrinkles and deep lines. And whatever happened to teenage acne. I swear my skin is
way worse now than it ever was in high school.I am sorry to come to you with this annoying complaining blog - but I was hoping for some advise and tips from you out there (especially my esthetician friends) on how to better care for my face. And if you have any treatments that does't cost a million dollars that would be great (we are still in starving student mode for the time being).
8 comments:
Well I think you are beautiful so I have no tips for you!
Do you have any tips for a double chin and flabby arms? I'm hoping that giving birth will solve some of that. :)
Seriously though Ali I think you are a doll! You've got many good years left girl.
You look beautiful, but I know *exactly* how you feel, and I have the best products! I was actually going to tell about them on my blog this week because they work miracles! A couple of months ago and when I went to Lancome to buy some powder I received a sample of Deep Collagen Anti-wrinkle Serum that is AWESOME. I was hating my wrinkles and lines in my face, especially my smile lines, forehead, and under my eyes. I put just a dab in those three areas everyday before putting on makeup and I look 5 years younger. It costs $60.00 for a small bottle but it supposively lasts forever. I will buy this product for the rest of my life!
Also, I received another product that is called Intensive Recovery Anti-Wrinkle Cream. It says in the directions to put it on before applying your face lotion but I have found that just this product is perfect without adding lotion. I put the collagen filler on first and then this product. I don't know how much it costs but I'm sure it's not super cheap.
These products are so great! Hope this helps, sorry it's so long!
Alison, what mirror are you using? I had no idea that you had any sort of lines. I use a moisturizer with SPF and then just use a bronzing powder to add some color. That is my tip.
My husband refuses to wear sunblock and so I tell him that the years will pass and while his years will become visible, I will look young and fresh. As soon as I said that I realized that such an occurence could only make Dan look like more the mac-daddy than if he looked younger too. Nothing like a young wife with an older man. We women can't win.
Pretty Cheap and Easy= Proactive
Wash face every night, moisturize, and use the dreaded sunscreen.
I've been loving Olay Total Effects7x & Roc eye cream- I got them at Costco.
Skin problems suck. I had horrible skin in high school and couldn't wait to grow out of it. Well, here I am in my late twenties, still breaking out. Something I tried recently were chemical peels. It sounds really scary but it worked really good. Not a complete fix but it helps. My dermatologist said that you should avoid anything with alcohol in the ingredients. Drying out your skin is bad. I hate putting on sunscreen, but I need to, I am already a shoe in for skin cancer. I went tanning twice in one day once in high school....lame.
Thanks guys for the tips. I tried Proactive and didn't totally love it...maybe I will give another shot...maybe.
i feel ya....since i hit the five-moth-postpartum mark i've been losing hair and i've found three grays! plus, my shopping list for costco today consisted of formula and rogaine.....
Ali..you are so funny! I remember when people thought I was younger than I really was, I would be so mad. Now I love it! I use what my Mom uses..she is 51 and has yet to show signs of it. She actually has smaller pores than I do when we did this little test, so that is when I started using her Nu Skin system called 180. It is amazing! Let me know if you want any info. Jenna has used it too so she would be a good one to talk to
Post a Comment