Monday, May 21, 2007

Tag.. You're IT!

I got tagged and so have YOU! If you are reading this you are tagged and you have to post 7 unusual things about yourself. I am a sucker for these things, like the "get to know you emails" I think it is fun to see what others say about themselves. So here are 7 unusual things about me:

1. If you say a word or phrase that reminds me of a song, I will start singing. I can't help it and I don't even know I am doing it sometimes. My husband likes to test me sometimes and without fail if he says something about Saturday, I start singing "Saturday is a special day, its the day we get ready for Sundays"

2. I sometimes reload dishes after my husband has already loaded them. Funny thing is I used to make fun of my OCD brother-in-law for doing this (and he is worse than me) but I like things loaded a certain way to maximize the load potential.

3. I LOVE Jane Austen books and movies. (That one was for you Lizzythebotonist, you hater).

4. I can't cook in a messy kitchen. If my kitchen isn't totally clean when I go to cook something, I have to clean everything first then I can cook. And sometimes I get really frustrated about this.

5. I don't love to be alone. While there are moments when it is really nice to have some alone time, as a whole I love being around people. I would rather go grocery shopping or any other errand with a friend, if I could.

6. I like to talk on the phone while I clean. Some of you have been victims of my Saturday chores round of calling. But I usually clean when Emery is sleeping and so I don't really listen to music, and chatting makes the chores seem more fun.

7. I am very analytical. I think that is why I decided to study psychology in school because I always wonder what the deeper meaning behind what people say and do. I am fascinated by relationships and people. At the same time, I over analyze what I say and do as well and often driving my husband crazy asking him if I sound dumb or whatever. I will probably do so after this post.

So, there you have it. Can't wait to see what you all write.

9 comments:

The Farnsworth Family said...

I loved reading this. It is great to be reminded of you :) I love Jane Austen books too. In fact, this years book club suggestion by me was Persuasion that we are reading next month...so fun!! I love to talk while I iron and do chores too. It seems way more productive right? I laughed and loved that you break out in song. How fun to be living in a real life musical!

Jaclyn said...

I remember your Pride & Prejudice marathons very well. It seemed like you and Kendee could watch them every Sunday and never get sick of them.

{lizzythebotanist} said...

iron? is "the farnsworth family" living in the 1800's? who irons? i guess it's jane austin fans who cling to the distant past.....touche!

King Family said...

that's funny about the singing thing. I kind of do the same thing, if someone starts a song I can't help but join or finish. I love P and P as well. A new good book btw is Twilight by Stephenie Myers. My husband pretty much wanted to burn it when I was done because I was obsessed.

Birchall Family said...

Ilove reading that fun stuff about you! I am OCD about cooking in a dirty kitchen too! I think it makes me feel like my food is dirty.

Jill said...

I have a fun personality book I bet you would like. Its called "Just Your Type". It tells you about yourself, and if you are compatible with other personality types.

I also hate cooking in a dirty kitchen, and Sean is the one who "re-loads" the dishwasher for me. You are not the only one with OCD, or I should say CDO (if you want them in alphabetical order :))

Alifinale said...

I am sure I would love to read the book, Jill. One of my all time favorite classes was personality theory. We took a ton of those stupid personality tests.

I may have to sort of agree with LTB, I certainly don't iron. But I don't see the harm in clinging to the distant past. People told me I was totally stuck in the 80's in high school. I love 80's stuff.

Glad to know I am not the only OCD person. My closet is organized by color, anyone else?

aryn said...

I'm totally with you on #4 and 7.

Bentley H said...

I find the idea of getting tagged with unusual facts about yourself quite intriguing.