Wednesday, May 09, 2007
Sad Goodbye...
It is so hard to say goodbye. My heart is very troubled to be losing some of my dearest friends…Lorilei, Rory, Luke, Logan, Suki, Lane, Paris, even Michelle. I know…you thought I was talking about my friends in Eugene that are all moving away but that is a-whole-nother blog another day. I am talking about my beloved Gilmore Girls. These girls got me through one of the toughest summers of my life last year as I rented all 6 seasons and watched while my husband lived in another state. I love there quick wit and constant chatter, their clothes, junk food craze, obsession with random movies, books, and musicians. Now the series is ending for real and I want to cry (my sister called me last night because she did cry, I love her!) I will miss you my friends very dearly. Thank you for being there for me when I needed it most. I don’t know what I will do without you. I guess I will have to start collecting all the seasons on DVD (Hint, hint BA)
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
13 comments:
I'm so sad about this, too! I think I will just have to take a cue from Loralei and serenade GG with some Whitney...
Bittersweet memories (the bitter part being that damn Rory/Logan breakup) that is all I'm taking with me... I hope life treats you kind (when in my imagination Rory and Logan get back together and have an avocado tree) and I hope you have all you've dreamed of (Loralei's dream wedding)...I will always love you, Gilmore Girls.
I love you Lizzy. I should have had you write my blog for me. You are funny.
You ARE a tv fanatic! I hope you visit this Fall because I told Kendee that I want to meet you!
Well said! I'll miss them so much too!
That is really sad and I dont even watch that show! Maybe I should rent some of those seasons that I have been missing out on.
Kelly loves GG too. I am surprised I haven't heard about her depression. I'm sure she is... depressed. She loves those girls just as much as you do!
I have an idea- we should go to Chicago together this fall. That would be good times!
I agree, it's very sad! My sister is currently renting all of them too, so she doesn't watch the current ones yet -- she wants to be surprised. I didn't have the heart to tell her it's over!
This is a show I have always wanted to watch, but for some reason have never seen more than 10 minutes of about 5/6 shows. I think I'll rent them this summer too!
I am super super sad too (and I do have all 6 season if anyone cares to borrow them)The worst part is that it wasn't renewed after they had already shot the season finale, so we will have to live with lots of unawnsered questions I bet. What am I gonna do on Tues nights now??? So sad, sad sad...
Okay at first I didn't know you were talking about Gilmore Girls and when you wrote, even Meredith, I thought wow that was rude to say. Ha ha, I'm sorry your show is over. I haven't ever watched it but I have a SIL who loves it. What the heck was up with Lost? I liked it but didn't. Who the heck is Jacob and LOCKE?!?!?! NO!!
Thank goodness for reruns. I consider myself to be a Gilmore Girl, except far less spoiled than perfect Rory. I probably wouldn't be so bitter towards Rory if she had stayed with Logan. She is going to have a rude awakening when she finds out Huntzbergers aren't a dime a dozen. Ah, 22 and yet so naive. I was so smart at 22, I got married. Have a fun, single life Rory. Meanwhile Logan will find himself another excellent woman and have plenty of guacamole while Rory is at home eating Taco Bell nachos in front of the t.v.
Was it me or did Rory seem to mourn the loss of the avacado tree more than Logan?
I'm not bitter.
Liz- LOVE the serenade. Call us on Tuesday so the gang can "watch" together. You too Emily. We will put you on speaker phone. We can all afford to waste 60 cell phone minutes, right? At least call at the end!
Good bye GG! You have been a part of my life for so long. Both of my sons were lulled to sleep by the phrase "where you go, I will follow."
Oh, I am sad. So very sad.
you are so funny! I didn't get into that one, but I did cry on the last episode of friends. It is so funny how we really feel like we are losing a friend when a tv show goes off air. Good luck with the goodbye!
Post a Comment