Thursday, May 31, 2007

Great day for a picnic

This week has been such beautiful weather that I feel guilty if I don't take advantage. I guess that is one benefit from suffering through dreary winter and a rainy season that lasts far too long, you end up truly appreciating gorgeous weather and beautiful trees and greenery. Weeks like this one make me realize how much I am going to miss this lovely green place (I obviously don't suffer from allergies. BA, on the other hand, looks forward to moving so he can breath and see again). Yesterday, our first "hot" day, was a piping 87 degrees. Emery & I decided to walk to the park by our house and have a picnic. We had the place to ourself and Emery LOVED the slide. Oh what a beautiful day!The grass at the park was covered with little white flowers (weeds) but they were so cute. So, I tried to get a picture and this is what I get. Serves me right for wanting her to walk.

11 comments:

Lizzy said...

So cute! Oregon does have some nice days. I can't believe Emers is running around. So fun! I can't wait to see you guys this summer!

The Scotts said...

So adorable! And I did post on your What's in Your Movie thing but it didn't upload for some reason. I was going to say some oldies but goodies are Drop Dead Gorgeous, Best in Show and I can't think of the name of the other one that came our a few years ago but it is my favorite. I'll let you know when I think of it

Rachie said...

It is so hard to get them to stay still, huh? Most of my pictures of the twins are blurry. She is getting so BIG and cute as always!

Ami Bethea said...

So cute! I know what you mean about the weather up there, I am from Seattle. I love Oregon but I'm no sure I would want to live there, or Seattle for that matter. We had a cool 107 degrees here in AZ so I'm glad someone was able to enjoy the outdoors! We are already at the phase where you have to turn on the car 5+ minutes before getting in or you will burn your hands on the steering wheel and the metal part of the seat belt. Glad you had a great day, Ali!

Emily said...

Alison, those pics are so cute! Okay, so I need your help with photoshop...we just got it and I'm getting frustrated every day instead of expanding my creative mind. Help!

Jill said...

So cute! I love those little white flowers too. You are such a fun mom to take your little girl on picnics.

King Family said...

Good job on the picture taking. She is so cute. Enjoy the green grass before you move to gravel land. Kidding, I like Vegas, you will have so much fun there. Seth lived in Eugene for a summer playing baseball and he has a lot of "fun" memories.

Brooke said...

Wow it would be awesome to have it be 87. Looks like so much fun, and she is adorable. Great pics!

The Farnsworth Family said...

Ali, I am a sucker for good weather. Once the weatherman gives the okay we are up and ready for a picnic at the park, a long walk or bike ride, you name it! Those pics are so cute! I bet you will miss the green, but Vegas has a beauty of it's own.

Marc said...

You're gonna' love the desert. All that cacti and sand.

Birchall Family said...

I can't tell you how many pictures I have of half of my kids walking away. Looks like a fun day. She is so cute. I watched "so I married an axe murderer" this weekend and thought of you the whole time, so funny. I just remember being at your house that one spring break and watching that show like 10 times, while we weren't playing our game of "uno" hahaha